Single Header 15 Pin SATA to 6 Pin PSU

dwaynef

Reputable
Jul 21, 2018
In my recent build I've come to realize that in my case/situation I really like the M.2 NVMe Boot and Storage solution with no other SSD. This leaves me with only one use for a 15 pin SATA coming from the PSU; IE: ODD(CD/DVD). It seems as though all PS units only come with a multi header 15 pin SATA cable(modular/semi or fully wired). This is trivial, I know, with a top mounted PSU, but however with a Bottom mounted PSU where the SATA Power Lead has to make it's way to the top front area to connect to the ODD(yes I still want a ODD in my Rig)it makes for some unnecessary clutter.
Question : Can you purchase a single header 15 pin SATA to 6 pin PSU cable with enough length on it to reach as to accommodate good cable management practices ? sorry for the long explanation..

Are you saying your cable doesn't reach ODD? Just get sata power extension cable.

NZ044-1-p.jpg

If that's no the case, then route the cable behind motherboard backplate.

Likely, not.

What is your psu?
How long does the lead need to be?

I presume you have a modular psu and you would like to buy a psu cable with a single long sata connector.
To do that, you would need to go to the maker of the psu and see if they can accommodate you with a custom cable.
The end that plugs into the psu may well be unique/proprietary.

A psu maker will want to include multiple sata connectors on a power lead to accommodate those who need to install many drives.

If you are really obsessive about this, you could probably mod the cable you have, but I would not.

dwaynef

Reputable
Jul 21, 2018

the psu is a Corsair cx450m and I'm not sure of the cable length yet. After the time of this posting I have discovered a website that specializes in such things. A bit pricey but it is tailor made after all. Just enter the connector type, length and color. Hope this helps with someone else with the same "obsession"

https://www.moddiy.com/products/6%252dPin-Modular-Power-Supply-Sleeved-Cable-to-SATA-Connector.html

TRENDING THREADS