Question Single monitor, HDMI switcher and Corsair Headset

Exuz

Honorable
May 12, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm trying to make my life a bit easier and i'm not sure how these things correlate. So I have Dell S2716DG 144hz monitor as my main display and also a crappy SE2717H/HX monitor as my secondary display. I'm planning to buy an HDMI switcher, so i could setup my Nintendo Switch, my work Laptop and my gaming PC on the main display (Dell S2716DG) and switch between them at will. My question is, how do i setup this if i have Corsair Virtuoso Wireless headset and i want to use it will all 3 devices? Should i buy a specific HDMI switcher or it would be ok just to plug it the monitor? Any thoughts or tips?

I assume that my Input should be like this: Nintendo Switch, Laptop and one HDMI cord from my PC as Input and then one cord from HDMI Switcher as output?

Also since both of my monitors are coming from my Geforce 1070 gaphics card, should i just plug both of my monitors as input or i can just use one of them as input and leave the other one always plugged to PC?

Thank you in advance!

Your headphones will be connected to whatever device you want audio from, the HDMI switcher does not matter one bit there. HDMI audio and the headphones are not the same thing, you won't be using HDMI audio if you are using the headset.

Not sure what you mean about connecting them "as input", there are no issues with having both monitors on the nVidia card but keep in mind the switcher may cause issues with running the monitor at 144hz.

Exuz

Honorable
May 12, 2014
Your headphones will be connected to whatever device you want audio from, the HDMI switcher does not matter one bit there. HDMI audio and the headphones are not the same thing, you won't be using HDMI audio if you are using the headset.

Not sure what you mean about connecting them "as input", there are no issues with having both monitors on the nVidia card but keep in mind the switcher may cause issues with running the monitor at 144hz.

Thanks for the explanation. I mean i have 2 HDMI cords going out from my video card to 2 of my monitors, if i will have a switcher, only one of them will be going to the switcher and the other one will still be connected directly to the other monitor. Is that ok?