Question Single PC, two sets of monitor/keyboard/mouse in different rooms?

Aeternum

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
Hello!

I originally planned on building a second computer in another room for gaming. I am, however, wondering if it would be possible to somehow connect my current computer to a second set of monitor/keyboard/mouse instead, with the following requirements:

• Second set of monitor/keyboard/mouse would be ~30 ft. away, in another room
  • Virtually no-lag (for gaming)
  • Ideally no system resources spent on outputting to the main monitor (if relevant, they're both ultrawides: Main monitor is 5120x1440, second is 3440x1440)
  • I don't mind cables

If so, what would I need to be able to do this? This would let me spend money on upgrading only a single computer, as opposed to both.

Thanks!

something along the lines of kvm extenders?
if u want as much low amount of cables from pc to second monitor (in another room somewhere)
something like this shoould be possible with single cat 6 cable
ce920.gif

as u can see from pc to other monitor just single ethernet cable is used, and u get disaplay port, usb and audio connection on other end

Aeternum

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
Thanks for your reply! I have no experience whatsoever with KVM extenders. I have quite a few questions:

• Will I need two units (one local and one remote) for this to work?
  • Do you know if this will support ultrawide resolutions (3440x1440 in my case)?
  • If so, will it only output at 30 Hz? Its specs state "DisplayPort v1.1 supports up to 4Kx2K @ 30Hz", which will be too low for me personally – my monitor supports 100 Hz.
  • Will my GPU still waste resources on outputting to my main monitor? Will I have to go back to my main monitor to change which monitor it outputs games to every time?
  • Will this support G-Sync?

I see they aren't very cheap (the one you linked to costs around $600 US where I live), which is why I'd want this to work flawlessly. Really sorry for all the questions!