Single R9 270 for dual 1080p monitors.

JoneD

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Yes it will be able to run games smoothly.. What are you even talking about? It's pretty good card.

Loose Goose

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014

Ignore the previous comment.. I have an R9 270x model, only a slightly higher clock that the 270 and the same perf can be achieved with a mild OC..

As you know it does run games very smoothly and 60fps is very realistic with some light tweaks to the in games video quality settings..

As for dual 1080p monitors, I am about to get a 2nd monitor to have a go, I know that for any FPS games it's going to be limited to one monitor anyway as the your crosshair will be in the middle of the two screens. As for racing sim, flight sim, strategy etc I don't see it sweating too much running two 1080p monitors. The only thing that I am concerned about is I have the 2GB version of the card, extra VRAM may help in this situation but don't quote me on that, I am no expert

My idea is to go with a setup like this, drop the settings if I must and if the perf is really bad, which I don't expect it to be, then I can always look to upgrade my GPU when a deal comes along. Good option, one I am going for next will prob be the GTX 970 once I see a price drop.

Look at it this way, If you can't get the perf you want with two monitors, a second monitor is always handy for multi tasking and then just look into a GPU upgrade when the time is right

TheIcedCanadian

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

Thanks - I will be uupgrading to SLI 960 when they come out :)

Loose Goose

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Would say that would be a pretty good option, but would still look at single 970 vs SLI 960s once they come out.. Might end up being more economical with just one single 970 at the price of $350USD straight from EVGA..

TRENDING THREADS