Question Single Yellow/Green Vertical Line on New Acer X34-P

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
Basically the title. Regardless of whether G-sync is on or off, whether the monitor is overclocked to 120 or at the out of the box 100, or underclocked to 60hz, whether overdrive is set to "off, normal or extreme", there is a single vertical line that goes straight down the middle right of the screen. Is this a defect, or just a bad monitor with regards to the lottery and I'm SOL? It's not awful, but obviously if I could fix it that would be preferable haha.

Thanks for any help with this!

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
If I were to return it, how best should I package it? I got rid of the packing Styrofoam, I still have the box and the protective wrapping that covered the monitor. Still, I will wait for hopefully some more responses to see if this is the cause of it being defective.

I'm not sure how the process works, from my understanding they send me a new one, then I could simply put the old monitor in the new packaging and send it off within 30 days?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Where did you buy it? Unfortunately, getting rid of the styrofoam before being comfortable that the item is in good working order is a bad idea. Ultimately, if you're storing the box anyway, keep the packing materials.

If you bought it from a store, a physical return/exchange shouldn't be too difficult. If you have to ship it back to an online retailer etc, you're going to want to find a way to pack is safely (like the styrofoam did), and take pictures of the monitor beforehand, so you can prove it was defective before being shipped in alternate packaging.

As a sanity-check, use a different device, and see if the display issues remain. I suspect they will, but no harm in checking.

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
Where did you buy it? Unfortunately, getting rid of the styrofoam before being comfortable that the item is in good working order is a bad idea. Ultimately, if you're storing the box anyway, keep the packing materials.

I bought the monitor off of amazon, and when I go through their return process, they basically say they will send me a new one, and then I must ship them the old one back within 30 days, otherwise they just charge me again. I figure I could just use the packing from the new one?