Sistem Restarting!Help ASAP PLS!!!

bblackangel99

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
I have the following configuration:
MOBO: ASUS P5VDC-Mx
Intel pentium D 2.8Ghz/fsb 800
DIMM Kingmax 2x512mb 800Mhz DDR2 (i know the mobo doesnt support 800mhz but i see no prob in this)
VIDEO: Sapphire radeon 9600pro 256mb/128
HDD: WD 250GB SATA II, MAXTOR 40GB IDE
600W Power supply atx

The problem is the fallowing... after i install windows (xp pro sp2) my system restarts without blue-screen.After that the sistem gets stable for a short time (5-10 minutes) and then another restart. But now i see that it only restarts when i try different program installations or when i play a game.for instance im running windows without any restart for about 40 minutes.

What should i do cause im trying to solve this problem for a long time. any suggestion is appreciated. thx in advance!

Use one 512 DIMM in slot 1 only. Check voltage requirements for RAM and set memory voltage in BIOS to those specs. If you can get the system stable, install the second 512 DIMM. Your MB may not have voltage regulators capable of providing your RAM's needed voltage. In that case you will need compatible RAM to your MB. HTH.

Mondoman

Splendid
First, test your memory by booting with memtest86+. If it completes at least a couple of complete passes without any errors, then you might look into CPU/system/GPU temperatures and the power supply.