Question site can't be reached. Connection is not private

JDMStanced

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
I need help with this asap. This never happened to me for many years but started happening recently on my Mac.
Internet connection is all good when i'm home but when i take my mac to a coffee shop or school, i get this message saying This site can't be reached. This happens on all websites. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.

I tried renewing DHCP Lease, changing DNS number, using a different proxy, hard resetting network on mac, restarting mac, clearing cache/history, and such. None of these helped me to get connected.

It did work at Cafe though after many tries. It took me close to 1 hour to get it working again. This seems to happen every time I go there.

Is it possible to fix this problem and not have to do this every time I go there?

PS, it seems that on mac, DHCP Lease won't renew, but when the internet does work at one point, DHCP lease is renewed. Maybe it takes a long time for it to renew?

This is a normal error, nothing to do with DHCP or DNS, it's a security measure done by browsers. You should have a link to "connect anyway".
Do a web search for the connection is not private message and you will see some resources on how to deal with it.

JDMStanced

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
This is a normal error, nothing to do with DHCP or DNS, it's a security measure done by browsers. You should have a link to "connect anyway".
Do a web search for the connection is not private message and you will see some resources on how to deal with it.
i tried all the methods that were recommended including renewing DHCP or DNS. I know what you are talking about "Connect Anyway". But the problems i faced at cafe didn't have that link.
All the browsers were pretty much blocked and no way to get around it.