Site Improvement Recommendations

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Folks,

I have a suggestion that may help alleviate some of the endless password, product key, and "free" driver requests.

Nearly all of these requests come from new users to the forums. Seems to me, all new users (with fewer than 5 posts?) who post with subjects that contain the words "password" or "product key" or "free driver", for example, could be flagged and immediately sent to the moderators for their scrutiny before the item gets posted.

This seems like a trivial set of logic to be enabled by the Webmeisters. Heck the logic could even look at the body of the message as well.

Lately, there have been piles of these postings and it really cheapens the Tom's experience.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your consideration.

v/r
Your Friendly Neighborhood COLGeek

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'm thinking of having some groups or friends, maybe clubs like they do on other sites like OCN...
just a suggestion.

I agree with your censorship @ COLGeek..
I thought it made sense by removing members from policing them and reporting to the moderators first.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'm thinking of having some groups or friends, maybe clubs like they do on other sites like OCN...
just a suggestion.

I agree with your censorship @ COLGeek..
I think the clubs/groups suggestion has merit as well. Would allow for more exchanges amongst members on specific issues/topics.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You know, I really think that the idea I originally posted has merit. Not only would the many violations to the Tom's TOS get routed to mods first, it would reduce the number of snippy/snotty comments other forum members post when knuckleheads are asking for free product keys and ways to bypass security......