Question Sites do not open at slow connection speed

mike653

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2015
I cannot sign in, open links, search on some sites using gsm mobile broadband connection (speed 20-30 KBps), it loads to a certain point and then stops, refreshing a page does not help; when i switch to 3g they open instantly. I thought it had to do with timeouts. In Firefox about:config 'timeout' I increased all timeout settings, especially those with small numbers; however it does not help. What settings should i change to make sites load at 2g connection speed?

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I cannot sing in, open links, search on some sites using gsm mobile broadband connection (speed 20-30 KBps), it loads to a certain point and then stops, refreshing a page does not help; when i switch to 3g they open instantly. I thought it had to do with timeouts. In firefox about:config 'timeout' I increased all timeout settings, especially those with small numbers; however it does not help. What settings should i change to make sites load at 2g connection speed?
The sites may have timers to kill locked up sessions. There would be nothing you can do about that.

I would try other browsers. I don't know how low they can fix. I know opera has options to help on low speed connections. There are other app things that use a server to compress the data, I suspect they want money to use the service. Be very careful lots of scam apps out there so be careful.

I cannot sign in, open links, search on some sites using gsm mobile broadband connection (speed 20-30 KBps), it loads to a certain point and then stops, refreshing a page does not help; when i switch to 3g they open instantly. I thought it had to do with timeouts. In Firefox about:config 'timeout' I increased all timeout settings, especially those with small numbers; however it does not help. What settings should i change to make sites load at 2g connection speed?
So use 3g?? What "broadband" do you have that only offers 20-30KBps?