Sites to get the lowest prices online

Phisherman

Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
far...

www.pricewatch.com good
www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
www.froogle.com ok

"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
> far...
>
> www.pricewatch.com good
> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
> www.froogle.com ok

You might give www.streetprices.com a try.

papa

Try Newegg and Ebay.

"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
> far...
>
> www.pricewatch.com good
> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
> www.froogle.com ok

>www.pricewatch.com good
>www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
>www.froogle.com ok

http://www.pricescan.com/
http://www.mysimon.com/
http://slickdeals.net/
http://www.fatwallet.com/
http://dailyedeals.com/
http://www.techbargains.com/
http://www.dealsofamerica.com/

Always check their http://www.resellerratings.com/ and
http://www.epinions.com/ before buying anything.

----------
AJ

Phisherman

I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
(Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:37 GMT, "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote:

>Try Newegg and Ebay.
>
>"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
>> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
>> far...
>>
>> www.pricewatch.com good
>> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
>> www.froogle.com ok

jad

EPOX EP-5EPA+ INTEL 915P CHIPSET SERIAL ATA150 ATX FORM FACTOR
1xPCI-E(X16)/2xPCI-E(X1)/4xPCI/4xDDR W/SATA RAID,LAN(Gb),USB 2.0 & AUDIO
(CPU TYPE:INTEL CELERON D, PENTIUM 4 LGA775 - 533/800Mhz) (*While Supplies
Last!) $112.00

SKU: BA20658 mwave.com

> I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
> (Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
> making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
> Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
> motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.
>
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:37 GMT, "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote:
>
> >Try Newegg and Ebay.
> >
> >"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
> >> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
> >> far...
> >>
> >> www.pricewatch.com good
> >> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
> >> www.froogle.com ok

Sometimes it's also helpful to just google the thing you want and include
"lowest price". Pricegrabber is good, in general. I've had issues with
pricewatch, where the advertised price wasn't always the same, or they'd
have some ridiculous shipping cost. If you're buying something expensive and
delicate like a motherboard, I'd stick with only the most reputable
companies like Newegg

"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
> far...
>
> www.pricewatch.com good
> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
> www.froogle.com ok

Stephen

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:28:58 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> had a
flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
>far...
>
>www.pricewatch.com good
>www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
>www.froogle.com ok

Don't forget to check www.resellerratings.com to weed out the bad
ones.

I've had no problems with www.newegg.com

Stephen

--

dos

No they aren't. They have a warehouse with some items in it in Tenn.

Phisherman wrote:
> I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
> (Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
> making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
> Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
> motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.

I've had good luck with ZipZoomFly, but every once in awhile I will buy
something from TigerDirect as long as it doesn't have an insane rebate
scam attached to it. The only good rebates from them are the ones that
can be processed online and you still have to hound them to get your
money back.

I buy most of my stuff from New Egg, ZipZoomFly, AxionTech. Every once
in awhile I'll deal with TheNerds (also good deals on accessories),
Tiger Direct, or Geeks.com (they have good deals on certain keyboards &
mice).

Other than a rebate scam from Tiger Direct I've not had bad experiences
shopping online. All of these folks are reputable, and between them
you'll be within a few dollars of the cost on anything you want unless
it's a supermicro case or high end server parts or something of that
nature.

-Timbertea

"Stephen" <stephen2002{NOSPAM}@lurker.homeip.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:28:58 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> had a
> flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
>
>>Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
>>far...
>>
>>www.pricewatch.com good
>>www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
>>www.froogle.com ok
>>

> Don't forget to check www.resellerratings.com to weed out the bad

I strongly support this point. Especially when using Pricewatch - the vast
majority of the lowest price vendors have real scumball reputations at
www.resellerratings. Apparently, several of them are actually the same
company, just with different names.

You can also see reviews and ratings of vendors at www.pricegrabber.

FWIW, I've had good experience with mwave, newegg, zipzoomfly, techonweb.

A key point is that even these 'good guys' require you to pay for return
shipping - even if the product is DOA.
If you want 'full service' you need to pay the price at places like
CircuitCity, Compusa, etc.

> ones.
>
> I've had no problems with www.newegg.com
>
> Stephen

What difference does the precise wording make?