Six Battery-Powered Wireless Storage Devices, Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmagnum

Honorable
May 14, 2012
All these devices are undeniably beneficial but their functions already built into modern smart phones and tablets so they are somewhat redundant.

wffurr

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I don't get the point of using them as a wifi hotspot when connected to wired ethernet. I haven't had access to a wired network without a wifi access point at any point in the last ten years.

I can see the utility of the wifi hardware for peer-to-peer connections ala AirDrop, but I didn't see that mentioned as a feature on these.

Bernie Fresh

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
As an owner of a non-reviewed Adata Dashdrive Air ae800, and avid adult film collector. I think of this these products as the modern version of the closet "shoebox". Have something to hide, but still want to use? company computer? wife's laptop? Just a quick flick of the wrist...and youve got access to all those warm fuzzy ish feelings.
Buy the 500gb models and wash your hands.

PEJUman

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
i have the kingston mobilelite, and it's nice device for portable movie hub, with 2 toddlers: 2 ipads, 1 iphone and 2 androids, it simplify my uploading/downloading requirements. Instead of uploading the same file to 5 devices, and wasting 5x the storage by storing the file in each device, I simply upload it to the 64GB SD card.

very useful for in the car/when traveling, each devices connects automatically, the kids even learned how to find & navigate the apps on their own.

Then I simply take the device with me when get to the destination (i.e. mall/park/etc), and they can resume watching while eating lunch, resting, etc.

I think these are aimed at multi-user families.

I have a NextAV D100 wifi drive (not reviewed here). I can tell you it is quite handy when you travel. 1. The battery can charge your phone. 2. You can carry a lot of movies and music so you can watch and listen for long trip. 3. Backup photos and videos. The drive I have has a SD card slot and a USB port. The storage of the drive is provided by the SD card you slot into the wifi device. The USB port is where you plug in to charge your phone and where you can plug a HDD so you can backup things from the SD card from your camera or camcorder into a HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.