Six Different Diablo III Characters Have Same Exact Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Always online DRM would stop this they said, Always online would be FIIINE they said,

**** THAT AND LET ME PLAY IT WHEN AND WHERE I WANT, NOT JUST WHEN MY NET CAN SUPPORT IT

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Blizzard's support is TERRIBLE. I personally know one of these players in question and have been gaming with him for ages. When he bought his source off the auction house, I was there with him on vent. He bought it for 400 mil and even has the screenshot to prove it. Blizzard still banned his account for allegedly hacking and duping. When he showed them the screenshot to tell them his side of the story, nothing changed. Over 500 hours on the game, he got amazing gear only to get the ban hammer because of Blizz's horrendous customer policy of "guilty until proven guilty".

If a screen shot of you buying an item from Blizzard’s own D3 AH does nothing for your case and still get you banned, I can no longer trust nor will buy anything from them again. The worst customer service ever.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]Always online DRM would stop this they said, Always online would be FIIINE they said, **** THAT AND LET ME PLAY IT WHEN AND WHERE I WANT, NOT JUST WHEN MY NET CAN SUPPORT IT[/citation]Well all jokes aside... it has a lot of drawbacks, but they actually have cut down on cheating quite a bit. Diablo and Diablo II were ridiculous hackfests online. Every time they patched they were re-exploited to the max very quickly - and I'm not just talking item duping. So while its far from perfect, it's still a lot better in that particular regard. You're probably too young to remember, though.

Now, I think they SHOULD have an offline-only mode that supports solo and LAN play. But character data and gear from this mode should not be able to touch battle.net in any way. Also, that would promote piracy to a lesser extent, but enough people already own the game so it would make a nice addition at this point. I know when I showed up at LANs about half the players had legit copies of Diablo II and half didn't. Making sure everyone, pirated or otherwise, was using the same patch version was a PITA.

G

It says at the bottom of the character page when it was last updated...

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
It is an inside job. Someone working for Blizzard is doing the duping. This was one of the theories on how the Diablo 2 duping was being carried out as NOBODY knows how it was happening.

carnage9270

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]Blizzard's support is TERRIBLE. I personally know one of these players in question and have been gaming with him for ages. When he bought his source off the auction house, I was there with him on vent. He bought it for 400 mil and even has the screenshot to prove it. Blizzard still banned his account for allegedly hacking and duping. When he showed them the screenshot to tell them his side of the story, nothing changed. Over 500 hours on the game, he got amazing gear only to get the ban hammer because of Blizz's horrendous customer policy of "guilty until proven guilty". If a screen shot of you buying an item from Blizzard’s own D3 AH does nothing for your case and still get you banned, I can no longer trust nor will buy anything from them again. The worst customer service ever.[/citation]

Why exactly would a person go as far as providing a screenshot of purchasing an item in the AH unless they figured they would need to at a later date...doesn't make sense.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]carnage9270[/nom]Why exactly would a person go as far as providing a screenshot of purchasing an item in the AH unless they figured they would need to at a later date...doesn't make sense.[/citation]
When the thread was brought up on D3's forum, the OP didn't want to suggest that the players in question were duping or hacking, merely pointing out the fact that there are 6 duplicate high valued sources (all BS to me). When we saw that, we knew that Blizz was going to take action against the players (because it was a hot thread, surely would get their attention) so he went through his AH to find the record of him buying the source in a legit manner and not attaining it by any illegal means against the t.o.s. So logically, we thought that since it's Blizz AH, buying an item off there with a picture record will prove his innocence (even though Blizz says they have an AH record for everyone.) In the end, it didn't turn out that way. He still got banned even after calling/emailing dozens of time with proof.

How can I trust a company's AH when buying a high value item on their service can get me banned? So the burden of proof is on the customer when I’m trying to buy an upgrade? How am I suppose to know it’s duped (if it even was somehow), am I suppose to search every inch of the internet for duplicate items just to make sure it’s safe? Their 24/7 online DRM policy/AH is suppose to prevent all this. Yet in the end, the customer got the shaft. I'm done with Blizzard, they have lost me as a customer after what they did to my friend.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]carnage9270[/nom]Why exactly would a person go as far as providing a screenshot of purchasing an item in the AH unless they figured they would need to at a later date...doesn't make sense.[/citation]
to send it to friends and show them the awesome you just bought? god knows i do that allot in games me and friends use to play, find something really awesome, you screenshot that before and after you buy it and are wearing it.

-----------------

that said, what are the odds of it dropping with those stats... lets not take into account the numbers quoted, because i dont believe any of that is client side, so the numbers are made up of a far larger range than there really is.

borderlands, how many gun combanatins are there? but i played long enough that i found 2 that are exactly the same, down to their hidden stats.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]When the thread was brought up on D3's forum, the OP didn't want to suggest that the players in question were duping or hacking, merely pointing out the fact that there are 6 duplicate high valued sources (all BS to me). When we saw that, we knew that Blizz was going to take action against the players (because it was a hot thread, surely would get their attention) so he went through his AH to find the record of him buying the source in a legit manner and not attaining it by any illegal means against the t.o.s. So logically, we thought that since it's Blizz AH, buying an item off there with a picture record will prove his innocence (even though Blizz says they have an AH record for everyone.) In the end, it didn't turn out that way. He still got banned even after calling/emailing dozens of time with proof.[/citation]

So, you've been "gaming" with this individual for a long time? Did you ever play any MMOs with an AH before? Because most people that have played MMOs know that AHs are sometimes used to move items between accounts. They are also used by hackers to launder things between their hacked and legit accounts. Whether or not he bought it off the AH doesn't matter because someone who knows an item is duped could still purposely place it on AH and immediately go and buy it with another account. It isn't that Blizzard didn't believe he bought it off AH, it's that it doesn't matter if he did. Buying something off AH doesnt make it legit.

Now, your friend might not deserve a permaban for it, he could have bought it thinking it was a legit item. That depends on whether or not the item was priced obviously lower than it should be, if multiples of that item were posted at the same time, or if he bought it shortly after it was posted. They do have records of all AH transactions as well as anything else that passes through the server, if they bother to dig it up. You still get a slap on the wrist in the real world even if you unknowingly buy stolen goods. You can't claim you thought the guy selling rolexes out of the back of his car for 10 dollars was a licensed salesman. If you don't think that's fair...too bad. It's the policy of pretty much all MMOs. Hackers know how to make themselves look legit so there's no point taking screenshots as "evidence". He should have just PMed a mod and told them he thought one of his items may be a forgery.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I would say MORE than 6 players have the same items. Me and 3 friends have the EXACT same items on our characters. Yes, you read it right. We are all NAKED because we sold all the items for gold and gave it to the only other friend who remained playing, who shortly quit aswell.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]Blizzard's support is TERRIBLE. I personally know one of these players in question and have been gaming with him for ages. When he bought his source off the auction house, I was there with him on vent. He bought it for 400 mil and even has the screenshot to prove it. Blizzard still banned his account for allegedly hacking and duping. When he showed them the screenshot to tell them his side of the story, nothing changed. Over 500 hours on the game, he got amazing gear only to get the ban hammer because of Blizz's horrendous customer policy of "guilty until proven guilty". If a screen shot of you buying an item from Blizzard’s own D3 AH does nothing for your case and still get you banned, I can no longer trust nor will buy anything from them again. The worst customer service ever.[/citation]
Yea I knew a guy once. Blizzard actually gave him 50 billion gold. You can choose to believe me or not, doesnt really matter since this is the internet and you cant prove me wrong.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
what's to stop the programmers from duping and selling the best stuff on the RMAH? probably not much that the programmers can't get around. so before blizz starts blaming people, most of it is probably in-house.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]borderlands, how many gun combanatins are there? but i played long enough that i found 2 that are exactly the same, down to their hidden stats.[/citation]

I've done the same on the same character before was quite surprised too. Also found identical guns stat wise but different levels I think. And numerous near identical but off by 1 small value in a stat here or there. So playing the numbers don't always tell the whole picture, as even if there are over 16billion weapon combinations that can drop. How many weapon combo's can drop at that time? As I highly doubt a lv40 weapon will drop for a lv15 player.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
i stopped playing this terrible game long time ago ---
but the biggest fail was the wizard god mode , that was a really big fail

shitzard and jay ' end of diablo series ' wilson really took this too far and as far as the customer service , it currently on non existence mode

G

This may be a glitch. I had one of these offhands drop with the exact same stats.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Is it me or is 2012 turning out to be a big suck for gaming... just rehashed BS from past nothing new... D2 and SC Brood were way more funner.... Even WC3 maps had more interesting things going for them than this new pile of dog doo doo...

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008

If your post is legit I feel for your friend, but screen shots aren't proof of anything, and your friend did have a duped item.

A lot of people want a hard-line approach from Blizzard. Hard-line means more "innocents" are going to be caught up in bans than a laid-back approach.

Also, people make posts like this who are actually crooks themselves. They want you to doubt Blizzard and make everything Blizzard's fault, they want to try to make Blizzard back off any way they can. Beware the person that posts "Oh my friend got screwed!" How do you know it's true? One thing you DO know, there are a lot of liars, cheats, and trolls posting on the internet.

bert123

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
"You can't claim you thought the guy selling rolexes out of the back of his car for 10 dollars was a licensed salesman. If you don't think that's fair...too bad."

So you are comparing buying a an item from the auction house on a server hosted and owned by Blizzard, in a game additionally protected by DRM and online only requirement, to buying a rolex out of the back of a car?

Some people are so dense I'm amazed they even manage to figure out how to operate a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.