Six Socket FM2 Motherboards For AMD's Trinity APUs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes that is why i tried to make it very clear i was commenting based on a completely immeasurable and highly personal "feeling". It gets the job done. I'm really impressed with the low profile Big Shuriken 2 cooler on it. I modified it a bit with a 140mm fan that hangs over the edges of the cooler and gets a little more cooling to the ram and the board components. I gave it as much love as I could, sleeving the cables, custom paint, etc, its like a little red-headed stepchild to me, I love it. hah ;)

masmotors

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
i love asus and msi is mt 2nd and amd looks great here i love them and hope they can keep the mobile market with apus in a great price range i alwasys say whata core i whatever good at with no gpu for normal ppl amd has that and im glad for them

cyloc

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]And I would penalize Asrock for the brown PCB. Its an otherwise nice looking board, but this is a trend I don't care for.[/citation]

That brown color is most likely from the color of the laminate, which means its GFG instead of GFN. Higher quality and less prone to separation. Instead of wasting extra money on a fancy soldermask color they actually made the board itself better.

Ashokaramani

Dec 31, 2001
Dear sir or Madam,

I am currently building a new computer and it has been a while since my last. So my question is that using AMD A10-5800K Trinity along with AMD/ATI 7990 graphic's card what would be the best motherboard for this with at least 32 GB, I am looking for around $100-300 for the motherboard and $2000 for the entire system

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
@Ashokaraman
I'm not good with mo-bo models though I have concerns with what you plan to do. :)

1) I hope you aren't planning to use Dual-Graphics (APU-GPU CrossFire) with the A10-5800K and HD 7990. For one thing, I don't think it's possible (especially with the HD 7990 being a dual-GPU and I haven't heard of a tri-CF with an APU before), but I have a feeling that even if it is, that the result would be worse than just running the HD 7990 by itself and not using the GPU portion of the A10-5800K.

2) Are you sure you want to use such a modest CPU (A10-5800K's CPU portion) with such a behemoth of a graphics card? If the CPU can't keep up with the GPU (bottleneck), then it's pretty much pointless to have a very powerful graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.