SK Hynix Introduces '4D NAND'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpe1701

Honorable
Why can't I just scroll down and see the stories in order like I used to? Now I have to click back and choose the stories. Does it make more clicks for ad revenue or something?

"There is a fourth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space, and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Nand Zone."

You sir. you would be a better president then this orange with his corn hair

So would my Cat and he doesn't send tweets he eats them.

USAFRet

Titan

I wonder when we will find the outer edge of this type of technology. There may be a limit somewhere.

Probably. Seems like they may have already hit it and are trying to repurpose old methods in new ways. As long as it continues to provide some kind of gains in either performance or longevity, I guess that's ok.

USAFRet

Titan

Remember when they said that 1TB spinning platters were the peak and could not be increased?

If they control the horizontal, and control the vertical...if they can reduce the flutter...
We are now experiencing the awe and mystery of even greater adventures.

Changing the focus, as it were.

Aug 22, 2018
Our journey from 2D NAND (FG,Peri) to 3D NAND(stack up, CTF, Peri) to 4D NAND(PUC stacked with cell CTF) is amazing. If it really improves write performance by 30% and read performance by 25% over the company's prior 72-stack TLC 3D NAND, with 150% greater power efficiency, then that is the resort :)

Status
Not open for further replies.