skelemancer build

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I am looking for suggestions for a skellemancer build. I am currently
around level 20, concentrating most of my skills in summon skel.
Haven't touched any of the Curse or Bone lines as of yet.
 

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004
83
0
18,630
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Here is an alternative for HC:

str enough for armor...I aim at 118 to use marrowalks
0 dex
VERY Little in energy ( I put 10 or so)
ALL the rest in vitality

Mana is easy to add with items, particularly charms. At level 92 my
skellimancer can summon 10 skells and 10 revives without drinking a mana
pot.

max skells
max skell mastery
1 pt in skell mage - you can summon 3-4 with this one point if you have
+skill items
almost max CE - at 92 I think i have 18 after +skills
1 point in all curses, more in ones you like (I like amp and decrep)
Bone armor to taste - I have like 8 in it, but wearing marrowalks it acts
like 30
Clay Golem - I have like 10 or so in him
A few points in Golem Mastery
1 point in all other golems

Minor notes...you don't kill anything. Your merc kills to start with, then
turn his kills to skells and revives. I don't use mages because the
bastards always get caught in doorways and block the skells from getting in.
Clay Golem slows enemies and tanks.

Mine is a MF skellie. Currently wearing:
ptopaz Skullders
2 ist AliBaba
ptopaz shako
upped Goldwrap
marrowalks
Chance Guards
mf and resist amulet and rings
Homonculus

I have around 500 MF when my merc kills. This guy has soloed the whole game
in HC. The only risky area is the Maggot Lair.

"Vance Astro" <jonnjonnzz@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:qmmb5110m3q83ed8fnlps5l85s6o840dc1@4ax.com...
> I am looking for suggestions for a skellemancer build. I am currently
> around level 20, concentrating most of my skills in summon skel.
> Haven't touched any of the Curse or Bone lines as of yet.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in
news:4255f9b8$1@news01.wxnz.net:
> 70 in energy

Whatta??? I never put any extra points on energy for any of my chars. Why
would a skelemancer need more mana? Just use potions!

On the other hand, I don't use any attack myself, either, just cast curses.

All my points for the skelemancer go into strength or vitality. But then
again, this is in HC.



Hoggie
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:53:21 GMT, "doodles"
<tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Act 2 might merc (nm). His aura helps himself and the skellies kill faster.
>


I've heard many people suggest the Thorns merc.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 05:30:54 GMT, "doodles"
<tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Here is an alternative for HC:
>
>str enough for armor...I aim at 118 to use marrowalks
>0 dex
>VERY Little in energy ( I put 10 or so)
>ALL the rest in vitality
>
>Mana is easy to add with items, particularly charms. At level 92 my
>skellimancer can summon 10 skells and 10 revives without drinking a mana
>pot.
>
>max skells
>max skell mastery
>1 pt in skell mage - you can summon 3-4 with this one point if you have
>+skill items
>almost max CE - at 92 I think i have 18 after +skills
>1 point in all curses, more in ones you like (I like amp and decrep)
>Bone armor to taste - I have like 8 in it, but wearing marrowalks it acts
>like 30
>Clay Golem - I have like 10 or so in him
>A few points in Golem Mastery
>1 point in all other golems
>
>Minor notes...you don't kill anything. Your merc kills to start with, then
>turn his kills to skells and revives. I don't use mages because the
>bastards always get caught in doorways and block the skells from getting in.
>Clay Golem slows enemies and tanks.
>
>Mine is a MF skellie. Currently wearing:
>ptopaz Skullders
>2 ist AliBaba
>ptopaz shako
>upped Goldwrap
>marrowalks
>Chance Guards
>mf and resist amulet and rings
>Homonculus
>
>I have around 500 MF when my merc kills. This guy has soloed the whole game
>in HC. The only risky area is the Maggot Lair.
>


very interesting, thanks
 

mark

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
2,613
0
20,780
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Vance Astro" <jonnjonnzz@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:qmmb5110m3q83ed8fnlps5l85s6o840dc1@4ax.com...
>I am looking for suggestions for a skellemancer build. I am currently
> around level 20, concentrating most of my skills in summon skel.
> Haven't touched any of the Curse or Bone lines as of yet.

Max Skellies and Mastery, one in all the other Summons. About 10-15 hard
points in CE, one in Bone Armor. Max Dim Vision and one in all the other
curses. Max Skellies and Mastery first, then the points in CE, max DV last.

Either 45 or 60 in strength, unless you have some nice gear that requires
more. Dexterity for blocking if you go that route, most don't. Everything
else in vitality. Base energy.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <1112966076.a9671dae65d336286aa27adfc6e857b1@bubbanews>,
PeeVee_Hermann <PVnospamapplejack@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:53:21 GMT, "doodles"
><tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Act 2 might merc (nm). His aura helps himself and the skellies kill faster.
>
>I've heard many people suggest the Thorns merc.

No. It looks nice on paper, but keep in mind, especially in Hell, monsters
have much, much more life than the damage they deal.

So while the damage they do might be reflected on them, it's not much
compared to the amount of health they also. Also, Thorns is a passive aura
(you have to 'wait' for the monsters to damage your skellies). It's much
better to go the offensive route, and kill the monsters _before_ they can
hit your skellies, so double the skellies and your merc's damage by
getting a Might merc.

Of course, if you have the runes for a Bramble armour (with built-in
Thorns aura), by all means go for it. It's defintely useful, but not as
useful as Might.

Regards,

Patrick.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

You want thorns? EDGE bow on a rogue merc will get lvl 15, and a ranged
attack too.

PeeVee_Hermann wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:53:21 GMT, "doodles"
> <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Act 2 might merc (nm). His aura helps himself and the skellies kill faster.
>>
>
>
>
> I've heard many people suggest the Thorns merc.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Vance Astro" <jonnjonnzz@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:qmmb5110m3q83ed8fnlps5l85s6o840dc1@4ax.com...
> I am looking for suggestions for a skellemancer build. I am currently
> around level 20, concentrating most of my skills in summon skel.
> Haven't touched any of the Curse or Bone lines as of yet.

I thought to answer this, I could probably just list my build with a note to
make it better, so here it goes:

My Necromancer is level-88 and can kill everything in Hell (Including Baal,
etc quite easily with 8 players)

Necro stats (Naked):
* Str: 174 (Far too high)
* Dex: 25 (Nothing in here)
* Energy: 100
* Vitality: The rest (Currently 231)

Note: My strength is far too high in order to hold CoA (Crown of ages) and
was that way to stop "body popping" which I have been told no longer is a
problem since 1.10 patch. :¬/

Necro stats (Clothed with a few charms):
* Str: 290 (Far too high, still ;)
* Dex: 47 (Nothing in here)
* Energy: 135 (Base was 100)
* Vitality: The rest (Currently 236)



Necro skills (Naked):
[Summoning spells]
* 20 Skeleton mastery
* 20 Raise skeleton
* 20 Raise skeletal mage
* 7 Revive
* 7 Summon resist
* 1 All golems
* 1 Golem mastery

[Poison and bone spells]
* 7 Bone spirit
* 3 Bone armor
* 3 Corpse explosion (Make sure to cast "Amplify damage" first ;)
* 1 Teeth
* 1 Bone spear
* 1 Bone wall (only for use to attract large groups of enemies)

[Curses]
* 1 Amplify damage
* 1 Dim vision (Useless waste of points)
* 1 Confuse (Useless waste of points)
* 1 Attract (Useless waste of points)



Necro skills (Clothed - I didnt need the skiller charms so sold them):
[Summoning spells]
* 31 Skeleton mastery
* 30 Raise skeleton
* 30 Raise skeletal mage
* 17 Revive
* 17 Summon resist
* 11 All golems
* 11 Golem mastery

[Poison and bone spells]
* 17 Bone spirit
* 13 Bone armor
* 14 Corpse explosion (Make sure to cast "Amplify damage" first ;)
* 11 Teeth
* 11 Bone spear
* 11 Bone wall (only for use to attract large groups of enemies)

[Curses]
* 13 Amplify damage

* 13 Dim vision (Useless waste of points)
* 13 Confuse (Useless waste of points)
* 13 Attract (Useless waste of points)


Necro items:
* Helm: Crown of ages (socketed with 2x Um)
* Weapon: "Beast" runeword (for Fanaticism)
* Sheild: Homunculus (Upgraded with cube formula and socketed with Um)
* Armour: "Enigma" runeword Archon plate (mainly for +skills and teleport)
* Belt: Arachnid mesh
* Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
* Boots: Marrowwalk
* Gloves: Magefist (for faster cast and mana regeneration - Mine still
needs upgraded with cube formula)
* Rings: 2x Stone of jorden
* Charms: 1x "+3 resist all"

Necro stuff:
* 75% Resist all (in hell)
* 2325 Defense
* 710 Life (plus the 650 damage bone-armor absorbs = 1360)
* 762 Mana



Merc details:
* Act-2 NM "Might" (offensive) merc at level-88
* 75 resist all (in hell)
* 515-1734 damage (only really needed in act-1 to kill for first skeletons)
* 4539 defense
* 1887 life

Merc equipment:
* Weapon: Tomb reaver (2x Amn runes for 14% life leech)
* Helmet: Blackhorns face (upgraded using cube formula)
* "Stone" runeword in a Hellforge plate (2838 defense)



Further comments:
* This necro's merc has been tested in hell-cows and can kill about 20 cows
with only the help of an "Amplify damage" by himself.
* This necro repeatedly and consistantly rushes 2-3 people at the same time
through hell in about 10 minutes.
* This merc can kill Hell-Baal by himself in an 8-player game and most
skel-warriors will remain standing
* This necro is OVERKILL and I estimate its damage at about 140k when you
teleport the skels, merc, clay golem & revives onto a monsters head after
casting "Amplify damage".
* The strength on this necro is FAR to high... so save the extra strength
points for vitality ;)
* The few wasted points highlighted here should probably go into "Bone
armor" to offer you more protection incase you let the bone-armor crumble or
lag.
* This necro WILL lag slower machines and people with those machines will
hate you.... but its funny :p
* You WILL be called "lame" and "noob" alot by people who are dying while
trying to fight around your skels... but they are the ones dying and you
will normally have to go save them ;)

---------
E&OE :p
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <42573377@news01.wxnz.net>, ~misfit~ <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote:
>short wrote:

[snip]

>It's just not easy getting ethereal threshers, then getting the right number
>of sockets. (5). I only have one eth Obedience. However, even non-eth it's
>still awesome. I always build it in threshers.

Huh? When you finally get that nice ethereal Thresher, without sockets,
getting 5 is easy: just give it to Larzuk. The maximum number of sockets
is also 5.

>The runeword itself is only lvl 41 requirement so using a lesser polearm
>would make it available to a lower level merc. Amazing when you consider the
>level and stat requirements for Reaper's and Bonehew.

It's though still a pity it has no life leech of it's own, which more or
less forces you into using other gear for helmet and armour...

Regards,

Patrick.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <4257e830@news01.wxnz.net>, ~misfit~ <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>> Huh? When you finally get that nice ethereal Thresher, without
>> sockets, getting 5 is easy: just give it to Larzuk. The maximum
>> number of sockets
>> is also 5.
>
>Do you always get the maximum?

Larzuk always gives the maximum number of possible sockets to an item,
unless it's a blue (magic) item, in which case it can be 1 or 2 sockets
(if the item permits this of course).

So therefore it impossible to get 3 sockets in a plain (non-socketed)
Superior armor f.i. Or less than 6 sockets in a non-socketed superior
Giant Thresher.

>> It's though still a pity it has no life leech of it's own, which more
>> or less forces you into using other gear for helmet and armour...
>
>Yeah but there's nothing wrong with Tal's fugly mask (resists as well as 10%
>LL) Vamp gaze (Damage reduction) or Andy's Visage (+2 skills, 20% IAS and
>throw a Ral in it to get over the -30% fire resist). All excellent choices.
>Or for the less well-stocked, Crown of thieves, Undead crown or Stealskull.
>Boneflesh has LL. Because of the large amount of physical damage, especially
>with an eth one, you don't need a big % LL (LL is a function of physical
>damage dealt).

Well, I've posted here before about the 'perfect' merc setup, and
concentrated a lot on stacking CB. So while the helmets and armour you
mention are an option to add LL, I'd rather use a Guillaume's Face, or a
Duress armor. So I'm not sure an Obedience polearm is better than a CB
setup.

Anyhow, since the ethereal Hone Sundans and Guillaume's Faces aren't
exactly in big supply for me, I'm trying out different merc setups, so
once I run into a good 5 socket ethereal elite polearm, I'll try the
Obedience route too...

Regards,

Patrick.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In article <4258686e$1@news01.wxnz.net>,
~misfit~ <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>
>> Larzuk always gives the maximum number of possible sockets to an item,
>> unless it's a blue (magic) item, in which case it can be 1 or 2
>> sockets (if the item permits this of course).
>
>Thanks. Thus far I've pretty much only used Larzuk for socketing unique
>items. When I've tried the cube socketing recipie I don't always get the
>maximum. I am told that there is a 33.3% chance of getting 5 sockets in a
>thresher. I had one eth one and only got three, I wish I'd asked before I
>wasted it.

The socket recipe is random. I found a nice ethereal Giant Thresher a
while back. Larzuk would have given it 6 sockets, which was not what I
wanted. So I used the socket recipe hoping for 5 sockets (for Obedience,
for myself), or 4 sockets (so I could trade it to people who have the
runes for some of the even higher-level runewords), but unfortunately it
only received three, making Crescent Moon the only viable runeword to
make in it. However, for the runes of Crescent Moon you can get a quite
nice unique polearm, which is at least as good as Crescent Moon...

So I still have this polearm stacked away on a mule...

>> Anyhow, since the ethereal Hone Sundans and Guillaume's Faces aren't
>> exactly in big supply for me, I'm trying out different merc setups, so
>> once I run into a good 5 socket ethereal elite polearm, I'll try the
>> Obedience route too...
>
>It's worth it. Obedience has 40% CB, it seems to make a big difference. It
>could be just me but I find CB on-weapon seems to have more effect than CB
>elsewehere.

Well, Hone Sundan has 45% CB, and three free sockets. Also, do not
underestimate the amount of damage an ethereal Ghost Spear can do...

Regards,

Patrick.
 

TRENDING THREADS