[SOLVED] sketchy alieware build

Jan 16, 2019
I have an x51 r2, core i7 4790, 12 gigs of ram, and my problem is my gpu. I bought the pc with a fried r9 270, so i bought a 3gb gtx 1060 from asus, problem is the card is too wide. So i took the pcie extension off of the gpu cage and bent a little part on the case that was in the way. Now the card is fully connected but with where the power connector on the card is and without the gpu cage in the case, the gpu sits a little crooked and the pcie extension is kinda twisted.
Any thoughts or input on weather this will be stable and not cause and issues with the hardware? let me know what you think
images; https://postimg.cc/gallery/uk51301m/

Solution
just for furutre reference, snapchat is not a camera app that should be used for standard photos.
Your phone has a built in default camera app made by your phone manufacturer that is designed to take advantage of the hardware the best way possible.

But with that aside, if all you are worried about is the fact that you had to bend a little metal in order to give the card some clearance with the case for the power cable to fit then don't worry about it.

However, I would take another look at the power connector for the GPU, I personally don't think it's safe to bend the cables THAT hard. I have a feeling you're pinching the wires in a way that could hurt something.

So just take a double look at it is all. Entirely up to you.
Jan 16, 2019

https://postimg.cc/gallery/uk51301m/

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
just for furutre reference, snapchat is not a camera app that should be used for standard photos.
Your phone has a built in default camera app made by your phone manufacturer that is designed to take advantage of the hardware the best way possible.

But with that aside, if all you are worried about is the fact that you had to bend a little metal in order to give the card some clearance with the case for the power cable to fit then don't worry about it.

However, I would take another look at the power connector for the GPU, I personally don't think it's safe to bend the cables THAT hard. I have a feeling you're pinching the wires in a way that could hurt something.

So just take a double look at it is all. Entirely up to you.

Solution
Jan 16, 2019

the connector is a 90degree, its sits like that from factory but thanks

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

well in that case, then all you did was bend some of the case metal, it sitting at an angle is because of the PCIe power cable, and as far as I'm aware, that PCIe extension isn't super rigid and is part of a flexible ribbon cable right? if so, the there's nothing to worry about since nothing being twisted or bent is going to break and that's A-OK