Skylake 0.80 GHZ

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Hello i have MSI M7 board and skylake 6700k cpu sometimes my cpu clock is underclocking to 0.80 ghz and its locked there when i play games instantly frame drops and cant able to play
also BIOS is up-to date

i tried

- Slow switch is off
- i disabled intel adaptive thermal monitor

Also i tried throttlestop software and i disabled BD_Prochot its solves my problem but i dont want use software all the time when im gonna use pc also i check the temps there is some interesting results

gxasTzW.jpg

Solution
If using ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT solves your problem then that has nothing to do with any of the Windows power profiles.

BD PROCHOT stands for bi-directional processor hot. It is a signal path to your CPU and this lets other sensors on your motherboard send signals directly to your CPU which forces it to throttle to 800 MHz. It uses the exact same mechanism as thermal throttling but in this case, your CPU temperature will be fine. Your CPU is also fine. There is a temperature sensor or switch on your motherboard that has failed. It might be the slow mode switch that has failed since this seems to be a common problem on MSI boards.

You have 2 choices.

1) Send your board in to be repaired or replaced.
2) Continue to...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
That is a feature, you dont need run your cpu at 4ghz+ idle its a waste of energy. If for some reason you do just enable high performance mode in windows power options under "additional plans", then restart your pc this will force the cpu to run at whatever turbo clock you have set at all times.

power-plans-windows1.png

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

i know its feature for power saving but problem is its not come back to 4.0 ghz its locking 0.80 all the time

unclewebb

Sep 11, 2007
If using ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT solves your problem then that has nothing to do with any of the Windows power profiles.

BD PROCHOT stands for bi-directional processor hot. It is a signal path to your CPU and this lets other sensors on your motherboard send signals directly to your CPU which forces it to throttle to 800 MHz. It uses the exact same mechanism as thermal throttling but in this case, your CPU temperature will be fine. Your CPU is also fine. There is a temperature sensor or switch on your motherboard that has failed. It might be the slow mode switch that has failed since this seems to be a common problem on MSI boards.

You have 2 choices.

1) Send your board in to be repaired or replaced.
2) Continue to use ThrottleStop to disable the BD PROCHOT signal path so your CPU can run at its full rated speed.

ThrottleStop is a very light weight program. The latest versions allow you to stop the monitoring portion of the program so ThrottleStop can quietly run in the background without it using up very many CPU cycles at all. Every time you start up or resume from stand by, if ThrottleStop is running, it will make sure that the BD PROCHOT signal path remains disabled. A new motherboard might work OK for a little while but don't be surprised if this problem returns.

You can also set ThrottleStop to auto start with Windows and ThrottleStop has an option so it can automatically exit 5 seconds after it starts so it can quietly disable BD PROCHOT in the background and disappear without you ever knowing that you have a problem.

Solution

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

thank you for the answer i think ım gonna send my board and try gonna take my money back than i can buy asus board