Skylake and Windows

DroneX7

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Friends pls help me.
I am going to build a pc with an Intel core i7 6700 .

I want to install windows 7 but I have heard that there are going to be lots of issues with it.
The technician shall install it for me through a DVD.
I want to know about gaming.
I will keep it for years without any more is upgrades(I have already done 3 or more.)

Will updating windows 7 be the best option or will it prove to be a nightmare like windows 10?

Installation won't be a problem.
But usage , will it work?
I will be using a Asus h170 pro mobo.

Should I install anything like drivers post install or will everything work fine?

Pls tell me.

I currently have windows 8.1 . its good but I wanted 7. If 7 would end up with endless problems with skylake should I go for 8.1 once again?

Will 8.1 be better than 7 for a Skylake PC?
Windows 10 isn't in my list. It was worse.

Pls tell me

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit or Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit for Skylake PC?

I am not ready for another upgrade if 7 didn't work properly.

Thnx in advance.

Solution
When installing Windows 7 on a Skylake system, the install media has to be patched. It's a simple process and if you have a tech doing the install they should be able to deal with the patching process. Read up on it here
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Updating Win7 is proving to be a hassle for a lot of people and it is on its way out of support, but you should get another couple of years out of it. The only real downside to Win7 right now is
1) There is no Direct X 12 support. Microsoft has no plans to support Windows 7 in the update.
2) Some games are already coming out with Windows 10 as a min requirement. This is only going to increase as time goes on. I'd highly suggest giving...
When installing Windows 7 on a Skylake system, the install media has to be patched. It's a simple process and if you have a tech doing the install they should be able to deal with the patching process. Read up on it here
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Updating Win7 is proving to be a hassle for a lot of people and it is on its way out of support, but you should get another couple of years out of it. The only real downside to Win7 right now is
1) There is no Direct X 12 support. Microsoft has no plans to support Windows 7 in the update.
2) Some games are already coming out with Windows 10 as a min requirement. This is only going to increase as time goes on. I'd highly suggest giving Win10 another try.

Solution