[SOLVED] Skylake i3 6100 non k OC wont work after years or trying

joarrh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Sorry for the rambling post. Posted it in a comments section in desperation and am going back to he BIOS again now to try again. For the hundredth time, honestly. Any help much appreciated. I hope I have given all the info needed. Thank you in advance

PLEASE HELP !!!!!

I am about to buy a new CPU if I can't get this oc up and running. Have been trying on and off for years. Especially now that I finally got ahold of another rx 480 for the crossfire setup.

I have a MSI Krait Gaming 3X mb and a i3-6100 that I want to overclock.

Anyway. I did flash the bios to the one linked, namely E7A11IMS.21T

I DO NOT GET THE BETA RUNNER OPTION SO I CAN SET IT TO NOC WITH THIS BIOS. DOES THAT MEAN THE BIOS LINKED DOES NOT SUPPORT NON K OC?

However I try to change the BCLK it just won't do anything. At the moment it says BCLK is set to 110 but it doesn't do anything for the cpu speed, so the processor is still running @ 3.7ghz. The vcore is set to 1.35 as of this moment. Have tried everything I can think of. Maybe there's some BIOS setting that is hindering me that I do not understand. PLEASE HELP!

Solution
FINALLY solved it. I knew I had got it working at some point before. I found an obscure comment in some forum saying that you may have to clear cmos every time the OC fails, and that was it! =)

joarrh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
FINALLY solved it. I knew I had got it working at some point before. I found an obscure comment in some forum saying that you may have to clear cmos every time the OC fails, and that was it! =)

Solution