Skype 7 Gets a Stay of Execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"That isn't a particularly detailed announcement--technically Microsoft would be within its rights to kill Skype classic tomorrow--but it should at least temporarily appease Skype 7's supporters."

And every single Skype user would be in their rights to stop using Skype tomorrow. Capitalism is just a trade-off between what a producer wants to charge and what consumers want to pay. Skype is "free" for users, but Microsoft must make money somehow. If they want to use Skype to induce people into the Microsoft ecosystem, then they REALLY need to work on appeasing their customers better.

If you offer free cookies to join the darkside, they better not be oatmeal raisin!

Iridar51

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2014
Skype turned to shit many years ago. It's a laggy horrible mess filled with intrusive ads. It boggles my mind that someone would defend it.

If I'm joining the darkside I better get dark chocolate cookies!

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

Skype doesn't have any ads in it's latest version, which runs much better than the older versions. Most of the complaints over the latest is that the interface is lacking several tiny features that the older version had. Or that the some of the features have been altered, for whatever reason, to work a little differently than before. People probably call these bugs because it's not what they were expecting. From a developer's point of view you can tell they're working as intended, for the most part, but people hate change I suppose.

Aug 13, 2018
Microsoft paid 8.5 billion dollars for Skype which was way over its commercial price. Now they are trying to commercialize it by taking away nearly all its good features and expected its user to accept that we would eventually have to pay for a version that many user describe as a program for children.
The backlash against Skype 8 and its Design Director, Peter Skillman, was completely merited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS