Skype Appears To Be Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I sincerely hope to see major improvements in the Qtox software. P2P, encrypted, skype alternative. At present the audio quality and feature set is a little sparse, but it's making marked improvements.

If only I could get my friends to switch :\

I think Microsoft has challenged itself to see just how fast it can alienate any remaining Skype customers. As if not being able to delete voicemails, and having all transactions have to go through auto-pay to a billing address in Luxembourg, wasn't dumb enough.

No no no.... The NSA had it working just fine. The problem is getting it to work, without the back-doors.

theusual

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
Windows Live Messenger was a better instant messaging app. I never recall having trouble adding contacts or seeing when they were online. Also, why does Skype start a new conversation when you add someone to the current conversation? This confuses a lot of people who do not see the other conversation.

waynes

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Ha, ha. I had a heavy political talk with a freind last week laden with references to certain things and things that happen to phone calls (I've known people who were retired from intrlliegence decades brfore and simply read articles) , it was the piont I mentioned edward s I knew I was certainly over the limit. My phone was hacked the next day and a strange tinny low quality phone call I had with a freind through my normal phone company ended with the skype blop sound as clear as day. I have never used skype on this phone, nor is an acount setup on it. Given the nature of some of the hacking and blunderouse phone call I dont think it was the government, but why would a normal.hacker be bothered. So it could be an coincidental exploit.

Now Skype, it is unreal, over 100MB for an app that should be a few hundred KB. Also, when I started internet dating I git a scammer straight off the bat, everything too good to be true, so got on a preplanned scam buster skype session to be prrsented with a video of a presentable women typing on a computer messaging me. Why would they allow messaging on a video call. They also make so many things difficult and now seem to prevent you from cold calling.

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
All the american dotcom corporations work for the NSA. @ Microsoft they just need to change the MX record to forward your emails to the persons who does a "search warrant" on you, the problem is that they do it in a illegal way without regular course of the law since 2001 probably.

waynes

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Back by demand sounds like you have eaten the tin foil hat. All is well reported and proven over the decades. I suppose that just because gravity exists and is documented you might not believe that either... Now that post was my amusing report to people claiming the NSA was working skype. And I do have skype on my phone but never setup so no reason for it to go "blop" on a regular phone call. I have another weird call quality this morning from a freind trying to ring somebody else and afterwards coming to turn my data on I noticed the wifi fliterring around for a moment and off before I got to my cell data icon, and I dont turn wifi on or have a router at this location. I suppose 'evidence' wears a tin foil hat too?

Status
Not open for further replies.