Skype Co-Founder Launches Wire, A Skype Competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I just wish they'd improve the Skype GUI - its so outdated and ugly with all those useless "status" updates from people you haven't talked to in months ...

Yeah but the long list of ppl who you havent talked to in months might be useful if you are a contact person for a community event and have to get in contact with a person on the long list of ppl who you manage.
For the avg person i do agree with you on that though i do not really mind the skype for desktop UI to much as in some ways it is actually better than Skype for Metro is.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010

in that tell me how were yahoo messenger!, windows live and the other IM messengers diffenret? they all have about the same basic interface, they all allow for 1 to 1 audio calls, allow you to share photos / pictures, etc. but the reason why Skype is diffenret is the more convence of video calls and screen shareing. how Wire is diffenret from google hangouts is probably just behind the scenes stuff but otherwise just the UI and that is about it as it is a competitor to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS