Skype, Steam, CCC, Windows Photo Viewer not opening? (Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit)

DylanCamps

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
Hi, recently I have encountered problems with a lot of software on my PC. The other day I wanted to play Minecraft, but it said that I had the 32bit version of Java, when I have a 64bit PC. So I downloaded the latest Java for 64bit, but then it wouldn't open and gave me an error code 87: failed to load libraries, or something like that. After looking around I found a fix by adding keys to the registry, and it worked! However now I have a new problem...

I can't open Skype, Steam, Windows Picture Viewer, or play Facebook videos with Google Chrome. I tried playing them on IE (which I hate) and then it just said it's stopped working. So I tried again, and the same problem occurred. Also, AMD CCC keeps crashing. I try to reopen it but then it just comes up saying "Catalyst Control Center: Host application has stopped working" which I have no clue how to fix :( I really don't have any ideas on what the problem is, but I would really appreciate some help on how to fix it!

My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro, and I have reinstalled Skype, but still nothing :(

Any ideas?

Romeru

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Maybe some libraries are missing that are needed to run your applications. You can try to repair Windows 8 in your settings menu in the new modern ui interface in windows 8. Look for the "repair pc" option

DylanCamps

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

I typed in "repair pc" and options to look for network problems came up :(