Skyrim 2k texture mod crash on startup 7950?

xPhantomx

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
So basically i installed the 2k HD texture pack for skyrim (town,city,landscape everything) via the nexus mod manager. nothing else. i open skyrim, continue last save, it starts to load previous save and at the point where you can normally play, it crashes to desktop.. I have 8gigs of ram, a 4670k and a radeon HD 7950. anyone know whats going on?

Solution
you can stop some ctd by using the dll fix that was upped to the enb section of the nexus. download the basic enb mod and you will find a d3d9.dll or d3d9x.dll in the list of given files. copy that dll into the skyrim main folder and it may stop the ctd.

you can of course add the enb mod if you choose but the dll is important... just make sure you run the loader and pick new display settings.

alternatively you should install all the mods. then install them again but this time instead of updating select no. the mod will still install but it shouldnt overwrite any of the previous mods changes.
i 2 am using the 2k texture pack as well as a lot of other mods and have no such issues as far as ctd goes...

other things to do. make sure...
you can stop some ctd by using the dll fix that was upped to the enb section of the nexus. download the basic enb mod and you will find a d3d9.dll or d3d9x.dll in the list of given files. copy that dll into the skyrim main folder and it may stop the ctd.

you can of course add the enb mod if you choose but the dll is important... just make sure you run the loader and pick new display settings.

alternatively you should install all the mods. then install them again but this time instead of updating select no. the mod will still install but it shouldnt overwrite any of the previous mods changes.
i 2 am using the 2k texture pack as well as a lot of other mods and have no such issues as far as ctd goes...

other things to do. make sure your game is fully patched, some mods need the latest files to work properly.
if your still having issues then try all the unofficial patches. there is 1 for the main game as well as each dlc so 4 in total.
lastyly make sure your game is large address aware (this is only likely if you havent patched the game at all as later patches adressed this issue).

Solution
its an esp files and they dont really care about boot order for this mod. i know what your saying but in this case they can be loaded after any other mods you have. personally i load them after the skyrim ui, the static mesh mods and before the armor mods. but they can go anywhere in the order and shouldnt affect game stability. normally if the mod is loaded in the wrong order it wont activate in the game and will be unlikely to cause a ctd. (unlikely not impossible)