Skyrim break, what to play?

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
What game to play this Christmas holiday, putting Skyrim aside?

My steam or origin acounts are full of new or old titles I din't even try. So a little advice (or impulse if you want) is much needed.

Crysis trilogy? I played crysis 1, but not the others.

The witcher 3?

The mass effect trilogy? It is really appealing, but...

Dishonored? Or should I get the second iteration?

All these stay installed and I don't start them as I have too little and likewise too much desire to play them. It is like betraying Skyrim. I tried once the witcher 3 and got to the menu only to tell myself that mass effect or dishonored would be better. And then I remembered crysis was there, start reading the internet what game is better just to find all are so good and many others.

I would by a new game, but whwt game should it be?

So? What to play and why? From a gamer point of view, not from gaming magazines...

Tnx!

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
if we could see your library we could suggest more but from this list i recommend:
for crysis 1 and 2 are good but 3 is little decent not the hype nor the game made much progress in 3 (btw i think crysis 3 killed the franchise, dont judge me that is just my opinion :) )
witcher 3 well if you liked skyrim then <<<<--------- PLAY THIS FIRST
mass effect 1 is kind of mixed bag with great story that hooks you on the mass effect train
mass effect 2 is the master piece the story the gameplay just just... GOOD
mass effect 3 well you probably heard the ending ( not gona Spoil) this is a good game with a wierd things lets say it like that
Dishonored 1 i playied it never finished got bored about 70% to the end and never played 2 cause of 1, people say it good but meh
but if you want the same type of game like skyrim play skyrim with guns aka fallout (dont play the new 76)
i rather stick to multipplayer titles like csgo, sc2 ,gmod, wot and those games

but if you want some new experiences single play play Limbo, super meat boy, cuphead, undertale, stardew valley, planet coster. all depends on what you like to play :D

gta 5?

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Gta 5 is my summer game. When I play it, it hooksme for hours, time I don't have in the winter. This holiday is for 1-2 hours max game time.

Don't be afraid to reccomand any other games. I would pay for a new one if it interest me. Most of my library games are gifts or good deals. I only bought skyrim, gta 5 and fifa series as preorders.

As of now it seems the wither 3 and mass effect could be winners...

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
forgot to say dont play Massefect andromenda that piece of beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep and beep beep beep beep beep beep with beep beep beep beep beep on beep beep beep beep beep
bad game

Cioby

Distinguished
That's a horrible recommendation. Start with Witcher 1 and 2. Even tho most of the story doesn't impact it, you'd still learn more and enjoy the game better.
ME 1,2,3 and Andromeda are super cheap and easy to get with 3 euro per month. Andromeda actually has a super fun and good multiplayer pve.
If you like Skyrim and other RPGs, try Gothic 2 then 1 then 3 then maybe 4 if you are bored. (1 is horrible looking and I actually started with the second and felt I didn't lose that much)

Try Morrowind and Oblivion if you love Skyrim that much, there are mods that recreate them in newer engines. Or just try the full makeover mod for Morrowind, if you have the patience, it's actually better and more rewarding than Skyrim.

Speaking of free games on Origin, try Dragon Age also. It's more tactical and you control a party.

If you like that try Divinity Original sin 1,2. Even Divinity 2 is a good RPG and funny at times and you can be a dragon.

And if you like the freedom of Skyrim and the style of Bethesda, why not Fallout 3,NV,4 and 76 (tho very bugged atm still fun, try Fallout 4 first) then if you can handle old school ugly graphics go for Fallout 1 and 2 (you need patches to run them). And even ESO if you want more Skyrim but with people, it's pretty cheap.

I love love loved the Portal series. It’s a superb series of games, and it’s frickin hilarious too.