Skyrim: Dawnguard PC Info to Come Later This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBodZod

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]Well that escalated quickly.[/citation]

It did indeed, but consoles in general can be a hot button topic for many a PC gamer.

I personally own a PS3, mainly as a great BluRay player with a few racing games that work like a charm with Gamepads.

Other then that I too was taken aback by Peter Hines' comments.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Bethesda deserves to have all PC players pirate this to punish them for going 360 exclusive for a month.

Unless they put in extra work to take advantage of more powerful PC hardware, then everybody should buy two copies.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
From what I heard, it wasn't worth the $20. It seems more like a $5 or $10 piece of DLC, so I'm waiting for the price to drop on Steam. Plus, on PC it has to compete with mods.

G

It's true that there are much better mods out there. However, the addition of crossbows means that we won't have rifle or crossbow mods using the staff animation anymore.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Bethesda deserves to have all PC players pirate this to punish them for going 360 exclusive for a month.Unless they put in extra work to take advantage of more powerful PC hardware, then everybody should buy two copies.[/citation]

All that would do is not make them go the extra effort of making the next Elder Scrolls so moddable, etc.

Good job you dumb ass. Oh and there are plenty of mods that take advantage of more powerful hardware. Hell, even ini file modifications do that.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Skyrim is a decent game but it is destroyed by a mountain of bugs, unfinished work + lazy work. Even the NPC's dialog are repetitive. They use the same dialog over a few voice actors is retarded. No NPC should speak the same dialog sharing the same voice. you may reuse the voice on rare occasions, but not for all NPCs. This is pure lazy work. Because of all these problems the game isnt worth $60. may be i comeback when it is $10-15 bucks

even the Jarl giving me the title of Thane are speaking the same dialog.

"some may call this junk, me? i call them treasures" .....heck I can even remember this dialog in my head.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]All that would do is not make them go the extra effort of making the next Elder Scrolls so moddable, etc.[/citation]

They didn't make any extra effort, they did quite the opposite. TES III was released with TES Construction Set , TES CS was downloadable for Oblivion and for Skyrim we had to wait for 3 months for Skyrim Creation Kit... all of which you would know if you were older than 13.

Besides, Skyrim suffers from acute consolitis and going exclusive for a month on Xbox 360 is just adding insult to injury.

[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Good job you dumb ass. [/citation]

Your mom.
Yeah, I said it

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]They didn't make any extra effort, they did quite the opposite. TES III was released with TES Construction Set , TES CS was downloadable for Oblivion and for Skyrim we had to wait for 3 months for Skyrim Creation Kit... all of which you would know if you were older than 13. Besides, Skyrim suffers from acute consolitis and going exclusive for a month on Xbox 360 is just adding insult to injury.Your mom.Yeah, I said it[/citation]

Oh booho, you had to wait a few months for the equal to the Construction Set.

You know they could of just not released it in the first place?

It was known that DLC would be on Xbox 360 for at least a month first long before Skyrim came out. And I don't see why your complaining about it. The Xbox players beta test the DLC for us PC gamers.

But this is coming from someone who claims I'm not older then 13 yet says "your mom" as if it's not a retort that was old in the 1990s....

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Bethesda deserves to have all PC players pirate this to punish them for going 360 exclusive for a month.Unless they put in extra work to take advantage of more powerful PC hardware, then everybody should buy two copies.[/citation]

gee that will really make them feel inclined to give more respect to the pc gamers .... damn you should really try thunking some time ... thunking is really gude

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]But this is coming from someone who claims I'm not older then 13 yet says "your mom" as if it's not a retort that was old in the 1990s....[/citation]

ur mom

G

Bethesda would be fiscally irresponsible to not release it to PC. I wouldn't worry too much about it not coming there.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
cannot wait for DG. plenty-O-mods to keep me busy though. I think gaybox users are lucky for getting it early, but without access to mods like HD 2k textures.. it is not worth it.

G

I just just started playing Skyrim on PC recently. I haven't even completed the main storyline yet, so I don't mind if the DLC is late. I see a lot of hate for consoles in these comments. I used to complain about PC users being treated as 2nd class citizens like the rest of you, and then I took an arrow to the knee.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
everyone who doesn't understand the hate that the console gets for crapping up pc games, try to find some of the original oblivion stuff, before the consoles came into play.

also look at morrowind to oblivion to skyrim and look at what was in morrowind and still isnt in skyrim.

hate for the consoles in this case is VERY justified.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Got the Dawngard dlc over the weekend (PC), defintely like it. Seems like a reasonable amount of content for the price. I've not completed it yet and have maybe 8 hours into it, though now that I'm playing again I find I'm working on other quests too (finally finished stones of baranzia after getting the hack that helps you find the blasted things).

G

Bethesda just wants more money from MS and there idiotic X-box. When Skyrim first came out I didn't think it would be all popular with X-box with there lame COD and Halo fps and there "sports" games (go play REAL sports!). Bethesda is going to lose money cause of this delay. They gambled and they loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.