Skyrim Done, Dev Team Moving On To Next Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
That's a shame, I was really hoping to see them put out a couple more "expansions". Oh well, more reason to use Skyrim Nexus now.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Skyrim was a lot of fun, I hope Bethesda's next thing doesn't take 5 years to develop. I lament, it was too long a wait from Oblivion to Skyrim.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
They've had a game in preproduction since 2010 which is almost certainly Fallout 4. Bethesda has only worked on 2 IP's in recent years, and Bethesda has said in the past that they didn't buy the Fallout license just so they could make one game and forget about it. They could be working on a new IP or the next TES, but it's doubtful. We have tweets from ThreeDog voice actor Erik Todd Dellums saying that ThreeDog may be returning soon. We've got Inon Zur, the composer of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, hinting back at PAX that his next game will be announced on May 15, which also happens to be a week before the rumored date of the Next Xbox unveil (Microsoft bought the timed DLC exclusivity rights for Skyrim and may do so for Fallout 4 as well, and they'd likely show it off at their unveiling in that case, since Sony showed off multiplatform games they had DLC exclusivity rights to at the PS4 unveiling).

Personally, I'm glad they're moving on to their next game. I liked Skyrim, but I like Fallout even more and I'm so ready for Fallout 4 after replaying Fallout 3 recently.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I REALLY hope they make a proper interface for the next games and not simply use the console interface which is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying on a PC.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

There's a mod for that. Called SkyUI. It's pretty awesome.

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Bethesda is now passing the torch and handing it to the sole possession of the fans. Steam and Nexus is where Skyrim will continue to thrive as did the Elder Scrolls 4 for so long. In my humble opinion Fallout 4 seems the logical choice to follow-up after Skyrim if they repeat the same routine as in the Elder Scrolls 4, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Fallout 4.... Most of the team would be working on the next project while some would be working on Elder Scrolls 6 if the pattern is repeated again: ES 3 completed, 1 month vacation, worked on ES4 for about 5 years, rinse and repeat. In the meantime I'll be occupied with Defiance and looking forward to the Elder Scrolls Online playing with my friends. Probably no Fus Roh Dah in that game, but you can bet you can still take an arrow to the knee! =P

I was holding off because I literally have a backlog of steam sale games and was expecting 5+ DLC as in the past, and like all of the scam"season pass" crap going on recently. It quickly becomes apparent once you are an adult the great single player games(that actually take more than a 5 hour xbox campaign) can be had at a bargain when you have time.

But I am still excited to play, i like they are honest they are done so a GOTY can happen, and honestly mods can easily make up the lack of extra DLC content. I don't like DLC anyway, unless it is developed later and discounted like part of the game...

DLC side note ( WHAT IS WITH biowares dragon age and mass effect DLC that costs 4 times more than the game, and rediculos "bioware" points? That NEVER go on saIe for PC but do on consoles. I used to appreciate bioware. But since they turned kotor 3 into a failed MMO of teabaggers (why do i want to see some 12 year old ruin my hero experience 24/7. And pay monthly for it....)

EA's evil FTP claws? )

Eagerly awaiting Fallout 4 as well.... But after how much better new Vegas was and the way obsidian was screwed/raped (bad rap for insane limited development time, forced release, and refused development bonus because of it for an AWESOME game). Less than optimistic Bethesda can do it justice.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

I'd really like to know how did you figure Bethesda has anything to do with HL series.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I am pretty anti DLC bu glad to see it is out, now i can wait till there is a all in one pack to buy including all dlc for pc to try playing the game people have been talking about for years... yea i might be frugle but when game companies used to not do dlc and rarely did expantions and instead just made patches and content addition patches i was willing to pay full price, now i get an incomplete game with dlc out the first day the game arrives... ie they purposly leave things out with the idea of makign you pa to unlock things that should be in the game to begin with /soapbox

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Fallout 4 needs to happen, if they incorporate the cool faction reputation system with a better plot and location, then it shall be great.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I am guessing this means no 2.0 update. A full digit update would have to be big to justify that. The creation kit will keep it coming. Too bad there aren't some large mod groups on nexus. Mostly individuals that can't make new dlc by themselves as the creation kit is capable of it.

SuperGamerBoy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
They should have finished Skyrim with 1 final dlc. No need to be big as dragonborn but something along the lines of dawnguard. Good thing they lifted the level cap though.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Other than console-port like user interface the game was just pure awesome. If it had native multiplayer with some COOP missions it would be even more epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.