Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
I've got and HP Probook 450 g1 with specs :
-I5-4200m
-AMD Radeon HD 8750m (Not crossfired) / Integrated : Intel HD Graphics 4600
-6gb RAM
-Windows 7 64-bit ultimate.
=When i try to play Skyrim on any settings whether it's low or ultra on full screen it flickers everywhere, at startup, ingame .. etc
=The game only function probably at window mode which is pretty annoying and sometimes it crashes due to alt-tab .. (I like to monitor the game's performance via GPU/CPU-Z).
=The game also works but horribly when i switch it to the Intel (power-saving mode) even at low settings without flickering and also fullscreen.
I've read about disabling v-sync (done) , removing windows gadgets(done), setting stuff in Skyrim.ini (something about shadow), all of them didn;t work .. so what's the problem and what is the fix ?
Thanks in advance .

Piyush Umale

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
I have got same problem the culprit is most likely shadows. Have you tried every possible settings in skyrim.ini
I fixed my problem with turning shadow settings to lowest (almost no shadows now)

If you dont know about how and which values to change in .ini file you can try skyrim configarator available at nexus mods(google it :) )

Hope this helps. [ AND THE GAME TOTALLY ROCKS ;) ]

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Well, maybe cause i don't have the latest version of the game, and the game costs about 25 % of my father's salary (Legendary edition on steam 60 USD = 420 LE approx. (LE : Egyptian Pound) other sites 40-50$ .. also (280-350 LE) ) so I'm gonna download it unfortunately and see if it would work or not .. i'll keep this thread open for any further updates... thanks for the replay .

Abdo Badr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Sorry for mentioning a hacked 'cracked' version of a game with my all due respect to its creators and good gamers that bought it but the game costs a month of my pocket money XD .

Status
Not open for further replies.