Question Skyrim on one computer causing other computer to have connection issues

HeadHunter240

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
I dont know where else to turn for this issue.

Straight to it, my girlfriend plays skyrim on one pc while I play rocket league on another. If she saves, zones or waits(passing ingame hours by), my game immediately gets huge lantency variation. Everytime, like clock work. I have replicated this an unknowing amount of times as I have tried so many different things to try and fix this.

Ive turned to places like skyrim/rocket league reddits, Steam discussions for both games and many different types of google searches to no avail. This makes absolutely no sense to me and I'm at my wits end.

HeadHunter240

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
Does she have a mod to play multiplayer or co-op? Block permissions in her computers firewall for her Skyrim if she just plays single player?

She doesn't and admittedly I'm not very well informed when it comes to firewall permissions and the likes. I'm assuming if would be some outbound permission? Any steps would be greatly appreciated. I would however like for her to be able to still get achievements, would this hamper that in any way?

There is something else I found but I can't 100% say it's fool proof as I have not did myself. But you can also run her steam offline. And just have her log on line "Steam" when your off your computer.

Off the internet.
Typically yes you CAN earn achievements offline for most Steam games. One major downside is that upon your next connection to Steam Online, all of those achievements earned offline will "unlock" at the same moment, resulting in identical timestamps for the cluster of offline play.