Skyrim Premium Edition Confirmed by Bethesda

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Is the UI improved? No? Still scrolling through a thousand items to get the one I want? Still having to navigate 3 menus to see my current buffs and stats?

Oh...what a pity...

JohnGalt1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
[citation][nom]fedelm[/nom]Is the UI improved? No? Still scrolling through a thousand items to get the one I want? Still having to navigate 3 menus to see my current buffs and stats?Oh...what a pity...[/citation]

Agreed. This was, perhaps, one of the biggest drawbacks in all of Skyrim. That and glitchy un-startable quests.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I just want the GOTY edition I don't feel like paying twice the price for the game, (won't deny it's probably worth it, but I don't have the funds to waste money)

[citation][nom]JohnGalt1[/nom]Agreed. This was, perhaps, one of the biggest drawbacks in all of Skyrim. That and glitchy un-startable quests.[/citation]

Help yourself and get SkyUI. It takes 5 seconds to install and makes the UI awesome.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Bethesda see u in 2years when u release game of the year edition for $15.[/citation]

lol, oblivion's game of the year isn't even $15 yet so I doubt skyrim will reach $15 within 5 years. Why not just support the devs and get it now when it is still relevant?

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]thor220[/nom]lol, oblivion's game of the year isn't even $15 yet so I doubt skyrim will reach $15 within 5 years. Why not just support the devs and get it now when it is still relevant?[/citation]Steam could make it $15. Oblivion GOTY is $6.24 after -75% discount. Now how is it ridiculous ask for skyrim GOTY @ $15 2 yrs later?

[citation][nom]monkeymonk[/nom]I really thought this would include the DLC..[/citation]
Me too.

And the article says," considering the price you're paying..." and doesn't mention the price. So it would be difficult to say it is worth it. I fail to see the point if no new content is included.

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
[citation][nom]JohnGalt1[/nom]Agreed. This was, perhaps, one of the biggest drawbacks in all of Skyrim. That and glitchy un-startable quests.[/citation]

it was not designed for PC users. They had consoles in mind like most games do nowadays. This si called radiant menu where you have to cycle or scroll blah blah blah to get a potion replaced. It does have the favourite item function but it is still scrollable.

Then again, all of you will still have to consider that the game offers a unique gaming experience of more than 100+ hours of gameplay that no other game can offer you in this genre.

Had it had lan mode or multiplayer the game would have been a really good one to buy even for those that could not easily afford it

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Steam could make it $15. Oblivion GOTY is $6.24 after -75% discount. Now how is it ridiculous ask for skyrim GOTY @ $15 2 yrs later?[/citation]

It's not ridiculous for a lesser game, but there are some things I can see getting in the way.

- skyrim is very popular, the price will stay high for a long time
- They will make alot of extra content for skyrim, seeing as it's bethesda's most popular title.
The more dlc they make, the longer the GOTY will take to come out.
- Games that are still getting dlc or have planned dlc tend to keep a higher price
- Skyrim's modding community is huge and bethesda knows this. This is likley to
influence the price as well
- Skyrim will probably have a 6-8 year life span before the next one comes out, so you can expect larger price drops near the end of it's lifespan

I would guess that Skyrim GOTY will come out about 2-3 years at least after skyrim's initial release date. They will most likely include all but the last, and largest, dlc.

[citation][nom]fedelm[/nom]Is the UI improved? No? Still scrolling through a thousand items to get the one I want? Still having to navigate 3 menus to see my current buffs and stats?Oh...what a pity...[/citation]
The UI is just great the way it is. But if you do not like it there is SkyUI. I do not use it myself because it is great the way it is there is no need for any improvement what so ever. And no it was made for PC the UI is made to work the same with all platforms so going from one to another will not be hard. Like it do not like it that is one of the great things about PC it can be changed.

timaeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I'm waiting for the GOTY edition not just for the price, but so I can get the *complete* game and play it through. I don't have time to play through a game, then have to come back to it again later for whatever DLC or expansions are released after the fact. Too many games on my plate, and not enough time, to replay games over and over as I used to.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Screw that Bethesda, where is your Game of the Year edition, Oh thats right, we have to wait for a couple more DLC first with the Crapbox 360 getting exclusives. I'll wait.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Wait people are still playing skyrim? holy hell people its been a year finish the damned game already. The DLC's arent worth even reinstalling it for me... build my own house? uh gee thanks for including minecraft in my skyrim. Play as a vampire lord or vampire hunter? Already did that in the actual game just without the skill tree for it... sooo no thanks. Now you want more money for some "premium edition"? suck it Bethesda!

Status
Not open for further replies.