Skyrim, really strange frame rate drop.

G

Uhh, alright so I own the following rig:

Asus GTX 590 (dual GPU card, therefore it has SLI)
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Mobo
Intel Core i7 2600k overclocked to 4.4 ghz.
8GB of G.Skill Ripjaws RAM (2x4gb)

And In Skyrim, I get 60+ FPS almost everywhere EXCEPT for, specifically, when i'm looking at a large city (Such as Riverwood for those who play it) my frame rate drops way down to 50. It's really wierd because only when i'm looking at those large cities, like from the outside, does my frame rate drop to 50, not even when i'm in them or anything.

I've heard that Skyrim is more CPU-Intensive but I would think that the 4.4GHZ overclock i applied to my i7 before installing Skyrim would account for that.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Just got the game last night, the rig i am using is as follows:

Q9650 @ 3.6
GTX 460 1GB
ASUS x48 Rampage Formula
4 GB G.Skill DDR2-800
OCZ Vertex 30 GB
WD Caviar Black 640 GB

I have not noticed any issues with frames while playing @ 1920 x 1080 wide @ ultra with 4xAA & 16xAF (only thing i lowered was shadows from ultra to the next lowest from ultra)

how do i find what type of FPS i am getting in Skyrim, i will repost my results.

You do understand that there are MASSIVE bugs in Skyrim still and major graphics issues, right? It has been all over the web. I have the game and have all sorts of graphics issues even on the brand new 1.04 patch (last night).

It is also very annoying when you go into your house or a vendor and happen to kick something on the floor only to have the sound of it bouncing around the room continue on endlessly.