Skyrim Ultra High PC 900$/intel i5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thefreed

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Approximate Purchase Date: This Week
Budget Range: 900$
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Music

Parts Not Required:: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: intel i5

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Not really, maybe later on.

Monitor Resolution: 1600-900

Additional Comments: Quiet system with good enough cooling. I am a graphics and audiophile.

Solution
Lifetime Warranty - same price - EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570

The Earthwatts PSU doesn't come with all the requisite cables/connectors. Better option - $75 CORSAIR TX650 V2

Though for a 570, you only need a ~550 watt PSU max. Cheaper option - $60 SILVERSTONE Strider Essential 600W

If you want to upgrade your rig and SLI at a later date, get a 750 Watt unit - $90 CORSAIR TX750 V2
Yeah, you...

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Sound Card: Normally, unless you're a total audiophile, you won't be needing a sound card. So you need not worry 'bout that.

Graphics Card: After putting your gfx card in it's slot (PCIe X16), you'll connect it to your monitor via the HDMI/DVI/D-SUB(VGA) port (Depends on what your monitor supports). You might have to buy an adapter in case your monitor does not support HDMI and your GPU doesn't have a VGA output or something.

Do not re-connect with the port on the motherboard gfx output that you had been connected to all along but to the port on the gfx card.

Now boot up, install the drivers and re-start. You should download the latest drivers from the Nvidia/EVGA website. (Provided that's the card you get).

TRENDING THREADS