slapped heatsinks and got errors!

G

I just glues heatsinks to my memory chips on GeForce2 MX 32Mb card with J-B Weld, I waited for 12 hours and didn't spill anything and the card work. I could overclock the card to 200/225 with no artifacts before, but now when I play Max Payne (1.01 version) or do 3dmark2001 DEMO - CRASHES!! but I don't see any artifacts!! no glitches but CRASHES! When Max Payne crashes it tells me - error in NV32.dll or Direct 3d settings! I have DirectX8 installled and it tells me that I don't sometimes! The heatsinks seem to be so cold(yeah, not even warm, maybe a little) that seems like JB Weld doesn't tranfer heat? (I did it all like it said, mixed same amount from both tubes, follwed all instructions). Is this a game issue? Card issue? I have installed NON-CERTIFIED 12.90 drivers, could that be the problem? Also what was that thingy in 3dmark2001 with Max Payne? it wasn't Max Payne at all, in 3dmark2001 it looked WAY BETTER! and was WAY FASTER!! PLEASE HELP!
Any answers would be appriciated, thank, you!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
Maybe the JB weld is actually holding the heat into the ram chips like a nice blanket, and causing them to overheat. sorry to say this, but unless you know some way to get JB weld off, that i dont, then you might be stuck with a constantly overheating card!..
-David