setdhook1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
:cry: Added a new slave drive, XP Hm Edition does not show it on the control panel, BUT does appear in the Device manage :? . Formated the new drive seperately and set the swich on the second HDD to SLave and the orginal to Primary, but still XP doesn't show it on the control panel :roll: - Any suggestions as to how I can get the second HDD recognized by XP O/S?? :( - Thanks, Setdhook

site3op

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
You'll need to right click on My Computer and select Manage. Click on Disk Management in the left pane. Over in the right pane, you'll see drives recognized by the OS. Your new drive should show up in here. If it does, you'll have to right click on it and set partition. If it doesn't, you most likely have a drive problem (re check jumpers and cable.)

setdhook1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
:D Thank you for pointing me in the Right direction. Disk mgr DID list the second HDD, but it did Not have a volume or path assigned. So, I use one of the option to assign a path, and a volume letter was assigned :lol: . Went to the control panel and, wa la, the second hdd was visable :p . Again, THANKs for your input, I've learned :roll: something new :wink: