Sleep and Power Management problems in windows 10

Ethanh100

Honorable
Hi,
earlier this week I started seeing problems in the power management in windows. Suddenly the system wont turn off the display after the time that I have set it to, and it wont sleep or hibernate when it is supposed to either, it just remains with the screen on. I didnt change anything in the power settings and I have no idea what triggered this. When I put the system to sleep through the start menu it works fine as it always has, so its not like it is unable to sleep, it just seems that the timers are not working properly. Also, the system will turn itself on at around 5am every morning waking me up with the loud pump and bright lights lol, and again I changed nothing within the os, or the uefi, I cant even find a setting to turn on at a certain time in my uefi(MSI Click BIOS 5 - MSI 970 gaming mobo). does anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

If you happen to be using the latest insider version, 14328, I'm seeing similar problems with it. MS said they'd made a lot of changes in this build, so they expect some "rough edges". I run the normal Windows 10 Home version on my laptop, and it's not having the problem FWIW.

Good luck.