[SOLVED] Sleep mode - how can I set it to internet and program be running?

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Hi.
I need to enable running one small program that collects internet bandwidth in Windows and to enable internet Wifi running?
All that in sleep mode.
It s the honeygain program for PC destkop in WIN 10.
How is that possible?
Thanks.

Solution
Yeah, but this is different #java instructions, I see now. I've thought it could help.

Thanks. I just want to use the program in a sleep mode with the internet on. Regarding the internet, I unchecked those boxes in the Device manager, so I might have solved that problem, but I don't know about the program.

The honeygain . com program, you ll see it there on the website for Windows.
The reason is that my computer is very noisy and I don't want to use the entire PC turned on just because of one app that is collecting internet bandwidth. It is a waste of energy. And I prefer silence when sleeping, not a noisy PC.

Maybe there is some replica of the computer in terms of device that I could attach to the Wifi and that the program...

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Hi guys.

I've found this. But I do not know to program.

Here's what you can do:

1. Make your Java program executes just one unit of work. In other words, if you have a while loop looping, then waiting N minutes, don't do that. Just execute once and let the program complete. Basically refactor your program so that it executes a single task at a time.
  2. Create a simple Windows .bat script that will call your program from command line (e.g. java -cp )
  3. Create a Windows Scheduled Task (or Cron Job in Linux). In Windows, Run-->Task Scheduler. Specify how often you want the task to be executed (e.g. once a day, hours, etc).
  4. IMPORTANT: Make sure "Wake the computer to run this task" is selected. Also, point the scheduled task to the bat file you created in step 2 above and I would also check "Run with highest priviliges".
  5. Also, choose when/how this should be triggered (for example, when user logs on, at a certain time of day, when computer reboots, on logoff, etc.)
  6. As an example, if you want the scheduled task to run every 15 minutes every day you can set the following trigger: a) Daily at certain time of day (say 1:00pm) b) Select "Recur Every day" c) Select "Repeat every 15 minutes for a duration of 1 day"
This will work.

Also, it has several advantages over what you were trying to do. Mainly that a) your program/thread doesn't have to run/sleep 24 hours a day everyday, b) you won't be impacted by occasional Windows reboots, c) Majority of the time your computer can sleep (lower energy bill).

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Yeah, but this is different #java instructions, I see now. I've thought it could help.

Thanks. I just want to use the program in a sleep mode with the internet on. Regarding the internet, I unchecked those boxes in the Device manager, so I might have solved that problem, but I don't know about the program.

The reason is that my computer is very noisy and I don't want to use the entire PC turned on just because of one app that is collecting internet bandwidth. It is a waste of energy. And I prefer silence when sleeping, not a noisy PC.

Maybe there is some replica of the computer in terms of device that I could attach to the Wifi and that the program recognises that device as my computer if the previous option can't work?
It could be a cellphone that would imitate my computer, cause with PC I collect more bandwidth.

If I can't somehow make it to run in the sleep mode or to my case box where the hardware is to somehow shut down because of the noise?

"edit" or device that would be attached to my PC in a sleep mode, but that would give information that is actually my PC to a mentioned program.

Maybe there is some replica of the computer in terms of device that I could attach to the Wifi and that the program recognises that device as my computer if the previous option can't work?
It could be a cellphone that would imitate my computer, cause with PC I collect more bandwidth.

If I can't somehow make it to run in the sleep mode or to my case box where the hardware is to somehow shut down because of the noise?

"edit" or device that would be attached to my PC in a sleep mode, but that would give information that is actually my PC to a mentioned program.
When you are asleep how much work can you do? Same for a computer.

Reactions: Andrejee
Solution

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Yup, I understand all of that.
I've just thought that computers evolved a bit with that sleep, hibernate options.

Ok, let's try this way. How can I set only the internet and the program to be running?
It would consume less energy? Is it worth it?

USAFRet

Titan
honeygain...

Passive Income - Effortlessly.
"With Honeygain you can make money just for sharing internet. "

Let it gather

Your connection is used to gather bits of information from the internet

Help businesses
Companies use these gathered bits for various services (read more about these in “business cases”)

Not a chance.

Reactions: Andrejee and Flayed

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
I really do not know. I am sure I do not want to help multinational businesses. But, I come from a country where I need that money. Unfortunately, even if I want to work e.g. at Amazon Turk or Prolific, I am not eligible because my residency is in Serbia, and I need a student flexible part-time job online like that. However, residents of my country do not have a right to work for those part-time jobs. It's the same situation even with Honeygain. There is an option for content delivery or gathering, I forgot - which would bring more money. However, it doesn't. Why? Because it is not a supported option in Serbia.

I personally would not give some sketchy sounding marketing application control of my computer and internet connection for a few bucks an hour. God knows what it could be doing.

I understand. However, that would mean to me. But, I've found an alternative solution, just to use androids I do not need. Well, it is legit according to most of the reviews. Although there have been problems with payments with some people. Who knows, send me a message, if someone wants to know if it is legit after I get a payment... or not.

I hope you both understand my position.
Thank you for your reply regarding the name in the title as the solution..
I will mark the first reply as a solution.