sleep mode problem

broski1234

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
just built my dream pc and i was wanting to setup bios and th pc wont boot up and i think its because of sleep mode? (dont have an os yet)

Solution
Sleep Mode would only come on after Windows has been working for some time (by default it's no less than 15 minutes). The BIOS has it's own power saving options but they are meant to work along with Windows... What you may be experiencing is the monitor going into sleep mode... I have one monitor that goes into sleep mode immediately after powerup but it only does it, if it doesn't rightaway get a video signal, and quickly comes out of it as soon as it gets a signal. So, that may be what's going on with your monitor. If the computer has both onboard video and PCIe Graphics card, your monitor may be connected to a disabled video port, so try another one.

And if that doesn't work, reset the BIOS as follows:
Remove the AC Power cable...
Sleep Mode would only come on after Windows has been working for some time (by default it's no less than 15 minutes). The BIOS has it's own power saving options but they are meant to work along with Windows... What you may be experiencing is the monitor going into sleep mode... I have one monitor that goes into sleep mode immediately after powerup but it only does it, if it doesn't rightaway get a video signal, and quickly comes out of it as soon as it gets a signal. So, that may be what's going on with your monitor. If the computer has both onboard video and PCIe Graphics card, your monitor may be connected to a disabled video port, so try another one.

And if that doesn't work, reset the BIOS as follows:
Remove the AC Power cable > Remove the BIOS battery (Coin size CR-2032 Battery) > wait 5-10 minutes > put the battery back in, connect power and try again.
cmos.jpg

Solution