sunshine

Hello all,

I am working on a friends FLEXATXSTC BRO Essential 700c machine, and the we
are not getting anything from the monitor. The monitor works fine (tried on
a different machine), but we can't get anything when hooking up to the
original machine. I am thinking that there is a sort of sleep mode to
blame, but I don't know how to disable it (or if that's really the problem).
Could someone help me?

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Could be the motherboard, had that happen to my sisters and found a
motherboard on ebay, fixed the no video problem.

Don

"Sunshine" <sunshinenews2000-nwsgrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am working on a friends FLEXATXSTC BRO Essential 700c machine, and the
we
> are not getting anything from the monitor. The monitor works fine (tried
on
> a different machine), but we can't get anything when hooking up to the
> original machine. I am thinking that there is a sort of sleep mode to
> blame, but I don't know how to disable it (or if that's really the
problem).
> Could someone help me?

"Sunshine" <sunshinenews2000-nwsgrps@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I am working on a friends FLEXATXSTC BRO Essential 700c machine, and
> the we are not getting anything from the monitor. The monitor works
> fine (tried on a different machine), but we can't get anything when
> hooking up to the original machine. I am thinking that there is a
> sort of sleep mode to blame, but I don't know how to disable it (or if
> that's really the problem). Could someone help me?

One Gateway system I got several years ago had a problem when it arrived
with the monitor not getting a signal. I opened the PC up and reseated
the display card, and it worked fine.

Of course, if your system has an integrated display card, that's not
something you could try.

Steve W.

sunshine

Is it possible to disable the integrated video card and install a new one,
if so any recomendations?
"Sunshine" <sunshinenews2000-nwsgrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am working on a friends FLEXATXSTC BRO Essential 700c machine, and the
we
> are not getting anything from the monitor. The monitor works fine (tried
on
> a different machine), but we can't get anything when hooking up to the
> original machine. I am thinking that there is a sort of sleep mode to
> blame, but I don't know how to disable it (or if that's really the
problem).
> Could someone help me?

If there is nothing displayed on a known-good monitor, there could be any of a
number of reasons why, mostly due to failed components such as power supply,
motherboard, CPU, memory. "A sleep mode" is most unlikely, but it does no harm
to open up the computer and find the CMOS reset jumper, reset the CMOS, and try
again... Ben Myers

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 04:54:47 GMT, "Sunshine"
<sunshinenews2000-nwsgrps@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am working on a friends FLEXATXSTC BRO Essential 700c machine, and the we
>are not getting anything from the monitor. The monitor works fine (tried on
>a different machine), but we can't get anything when hooking up to the
>original machine. I am thinking that there is a sort of sleep mode to
>blame, but I don't know how to disable it (or if that's really the problem).
>Could someone help me?

TRENDING THREADS