Question Sleep option missing on windows 10

Kiice5

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
I got this laptop (lenovo ideapad 5 15) without OS so I installed windows 10 Home using media creation tool. I noticed that the sleep option is missing even though the installation process was fine (as far as I know).

I searched the internet for solutions and I tried these:
  1. I tried to enable "sleep" in "Power options" in the control panel, but it was also missing. Then i opened CMD and ran "powercfg -a" and the output was.
  2. I updated both GPU driver and intel iris display driver.
I even reinstalled windows but it didn't help either.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Since you've installed a "vanilla" Windows from Microsoft (as opposed to Lenovo's pre-installed version) you need to download and install drivers for your specific laptop model from Lenovo's support website. These downloads will probably include "Lenovo Power Management" which may fix the problem.

Kiice5

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Since you've installed a "vanilla" Windows from Microsoft (as opposed to Lenovo's pre-installed version) you need to download and install drivers for your specific laptop model from Lenovo's support website. These downloads will probably include "Lenovo Power Management" which may fix the problem.

I manually installed drivers (chipset, display and video graphics, Lenovo energy management, intel management engine firmware) from Lenovo's website. Still the "Sleep" option is missing..

I have i7-1065G,Intel Iris Plus Graphics, Nvidia GeForce MX350 if this helps.

Kiice5

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
See if there is a bios update that might be applicable.

I checked the BIOS update for my model in the manufacturer's website but it says that I have that latest .
After some research i found that "CsEnabled" in the registry; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled is missing too.
Thought this might help.

Last edited: