Sleep problems Win 10

Ethanh100

Honorable
So for about a month now I have been seeing lots of problems with sleep and power management within windows. My system, regardless of how the settings are set and which power plan it is using, will just not turn off the display or go to sleep. I have tried enabling and disabling hybrid sleep. My motherboard is set to go into sleep state 3 so it powers off the components entirely. It worked fine before and im not sure what changed it, likely a windows update, which i have tried updating but there is no updates. I know it is a problem with windows, and not my hardware, as my installation of Ubuntu Gnome works just as it should. Im confident its not a virus as I have ran extensive scans with malwarebytes and defender and removed anything that they quarantined. Anyone have any insight on this, as i am at a loss right now.

Solution
ah I actually found the problem, after about of 30 minutes digging in the registry I saw that the system was set to sleep never, even though control panel said otherwise. Just changed the binary to 1111 and all should be good now, hopefully...

Ryan_78

Honorable
Well I mean I have to say I have seen the same thing happen to my system. Are you running programs like FAH or other programs that might need your system to stay on for an extensive amount of time? Are you running programs that are on hold? Try closing everything or boot up in safe mode and try to sleep with that. It could be a. Program causing it

Ethanh100

Honorable
ah I actually found the problem, after about of 30 minutes digging in the registry I saw that the system was set to sleep never, even though control panel said otherwise. Just changed the binary to 1111 and all should be good now, hopefully...

Solution