Question Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
So, I recently played Dishonored 2, and when I checked my temps. my GPU temperature was a constant 60 - 65 degrees with fans spinning at 800 to 900 RPMs. I opened Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition and my GPU temps were going mad, it was over 65 degrees, almost 70. The issue is that I find it weird cause from what I know, Dishonored 2 is a pretty intensive title and I thought Sleeping Dogs is a lighter game. Do you have any idea why this is happening, does the game suffer from something?

My specs are:
ASUS STRIX GTX 970 OC
RYZEN 5 3600X
ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS
16 GB of RAM at 3200MHz
And the PSU is a Corsair RM750

DSzymborski

Titan
Honestly, I'm not seeing anything provided that suggests anything concerning is going on. You can't just assume a causal relationship between the strength of two not dramatically different games and the temperatures of the GPU. Games are coded differently, resources are used differently at different times, the settings for each game are going to be unique, and so on. Game requirements as explanatory for temperature would be a very poorly predictive model, so the difference of the dependent variables (either between CPU% between games or temperature between games here) would have to be truly significant to justify a hypothesis of something being wrong. It's not hard to write a program that taxes the hell out of any GPU; that's basically how benchmarking software works.

That's not the case here. From 60-65 to 65-70 is a relatively insignificant difference. Nor is 70 degrees "going mad" in GPU temperature; it's not even a raised eyebrow.

I wouldn't worry at all about this unless you see symptoms far more worrying.