[SOLVED] SLI 1070 TI with worse performance than single card

May 20, 2020
I just recently bought another 1070 ti and have not had any fps boost across all my games. I've tried playing games that directly support SLI and they are both being utilized but my fps is usually 5-10 fps worse than it was with a single card. Not sure what to do about this.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 GHz
Strix Z270-E Gaming Motherboard
32 gb DDR4 3000
2x Asus Strix 1070 ti
EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified
I know some games do not support SLI but across all games there has been worse performance than a singular card. I have already reinstalled all drivers.
Thanks

Solution
I realize all of this but i got this second 1070ti for $150. I'm asking for help for SLI supported titles, please read my entire post.
I read your post.
Twice.
You have few options.
I know of nothing you can do to fix the performance.
Possibly your games have patches or options to address sli.
The game forums will be the place to go for advice.

Two GTX1070ti cards will not perform exactly the same.
With sli, the performance is gated by the lesser performing card.
That might explain your symptoms.

You got a good deal on the card for $150. It normally sells on ebay for more like $250.
By selling both, you might be able to buy a GTX1080ti that is some 50% stronger.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
That was a mistake - most games don't support SLI anymore. Typically, if you get an improvement, performance improves somewhat, but not to scale.

Sometimes there's no benefit. Sometimes it hurts performance, as you've seen.

SLI and Crossfire are dying technologies. A high performing single card is better.

May 20, 2020
That was a mistake - most games don't support SLI anymore. Typically, if you get an improvement, performance improves somewhat, but not to scale.

Sometimes there's no benefit. Sometimes it hurts performance, as you've seen.

SLI and Crossfire are dying technologies. A high performing single card is better.
I know it is a dying technology but i got this for a good deal and I was asking for help because SLI supported games ran poorly. You just replied in a condescending manner without giving any help. Please read my entire post before you reply.

May 20, 2020
What to do???
Remove the second card and return/sell it.
Better yet, sell both cards in favor of a single stronger card.

Some games are cpu limited and the overhead of managing two cards can be a net loss in performance.
I realize all of this but i got this second 1070ti for $150. I'm asking for help for SLI supported titles, please read my entire post.

DSzymborski

Titan

It would be helpful if you provided the actual data. FPS using only one 1070 Ti, FPS using only the new 1070 Ti, and then with SLI. And also, the things you've tried already to remedy the situation. And also, what benchmarks you used to test the problem.

You're not getting much in the way of specifics because the information you're supplying is fairly limited.

There's also nothing wrong with any of the replies you've been given. These kinds of problems can be quite annoying to resolve and it's always worth nothing to someone with a problem when fixing the problem may not be worth their time and energy. And they're correct here; even in games that support SLI, the scaling is godawful.

Reactions: Phaaze88 and King_V
I read your post.
Twice.
You have few options.

You got a good deal on the card for $150. It normally sells on ebay for more like $250.
By selling both, you might be able to buy a GTX1080ti that is some 50% stronger.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I know it is a dying technology but i got this for a good deal and I was asking for help because SLI supported games ran poorly. You just replied in a condescending manner without giving any help. Please read my entire post before you reply.
There was no condescension, it was simply a statement fact. Getting a second card to use for SLI was a mistake.

You did not mention a single game that you tried, and you said "all games." We have no idea what "all games" in your collection are.

Downvoting people who give you accurate information is NOT going to encourage people to answer your questions. I would frankly consider this a malicious downvote of both mine and @geofelt's post.

Reactions: Phaaze88
May 20, 2020
There was no condescension, it was simply a statement fact. Getting a second card to use for SLI was a mistake.

You did not mention a single game that you tried, and you said "all games." We have no idea what "all games" in your collection are.

Downvoting people who give you accurate information is NOT going to encourage people to answer your questions. I would frankly consider this a malicious downvote of both mine and @geofelt's post.
This second card switches between my main system and my Mini-ITX I built. The information may be factual, but it isn't accurate to the post. I wanted to hear solutions to the issue that I have. You're right that I should've said more than all games so here's a list of games I've played at 1440p:
Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) (Supports SLI) ~60 fps
GTA V (Supports SLI) ~70 fps
Red Dead Redemption 2 ~50 fps
The Witcher 3 (Supports SLI) ~80 fps
CSGO (Supports SLI) ~170 fps
Assassin's Creed Odyssey ~65 fps
Dark Souls III ((Supports SLI) ~70 fps
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare ~90 fps
Fallout 4 (Supports SLI) ~70 fps
Far Cry 5 (Supports SLI) ~60 fps
Halo Master Chief Collection ~ 90fps
Mount and Blade Bannerlord ~65 fps
NBA 2K20 ~60 fps
Rocket League ~110 fps
Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Supports SLI) ~75 fps
Rainbow Six Siege ~80 fps
Borderlands 3 ~90 fps
Skyrim (Supports SLI) ~80 fps
All of these games listed did not have any fps increase and some performed worse than before. I hope this helps with making things easier. I hope this clears up some things and sorry about the downvotes.

May 20, 2020
It would be helpful if you provided the actual data. FPS using only one 1070 Ti, FPS using only the new 1070 Ti, and then with SLI. And also, the things you've tried already to remedy the situation. And also, what benchmarks you used to test the problem.

You're not getting much in the way of specifics because the information you're supplying is fairly limited.

There's also nothing wrong with any of the replies you've been given. These kinds of problems can be quite annoying to resolve and it's always worth nothing to someone with a problem when fixing the problem may not be worth their time and energy. And they're correct here; even in games that support SLI, the scaling is godawful.
Sorry for being vague, here's a list of games I've played at 1440p:
Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) (Supports SLI) ~60 fps
GTA V (Supports SLI) ~70 fps
Red Dead Redemption 2 ~50 fps
The Witcher 3 (Supports SLI) ~80 fps
CSGO (Supports SLI) ~170 fps
Assassin's Creed Odyssey ~65 fps
Dark Souls III ((Supports SLI) ~70 fps
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare ~90 fps
Fallout 4 (Supports SLI) ~70 fps
Far Cry 5 (Supports SLI) ~60 fps
Halo Master Chief Collection ~ 90fps
Mount and Blade Bannerlord ~65 fps
NBA 2K20 ~60 fps
Rocket League ~110 fps
Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Supports SLI) ~75 fps
Rainbow Six Siege ~80 fps
Borderlands 3 ~90 fps
Skyrim (Supports SLI) ~80 fps
All of these games listed did not have any fps increase and some performed worse than before. I hope this helps with making things easier.

May 20, 2020
I read your post.
Twice.
You have few options.

I would sell them for a 1080ti but I use the second card to switch off between my Mini-ITX and my main desktop. When I'm home vs when I'm at school kinda thing. Once I'm more settled in one area I will definitly be ditching SLI though that's for sure.

TRENDING THREADS