Sli 760 or not?

commanderfluffy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I'm thinking of Going SLi with my GTX 760. My question is. Should I SLI or just put the money aside for the next 800 series? I hear they will be coming this year. If that's true I will just save the money I suppose. Unless going SLI will still profurm as good as the next 800's then I will go ahead and SLI.

I did some research on benchmarks and it would seem two 760's perform better then a single Titan.

Specs are.

CPU- i5 4670k 4.3ghz
GPU- Evga GTX 760
RAM- g.Skill 8gb DDR3
MSI Z87 G45 gaming motherboard.

As of right now I only have a Corsair TX650 watt that does not support SLI so I will also be upgrading to a corsair 850.

Yeah I just don't know if I should sli or not. Not real impressed with the 760 that much and kinda want more; and from what I see sli will do that for a cheaper price.

Kinda wanting future proof out if it. If my SLi setup can't run better then say a GTX 870 maybe I should just wait. But if the 800's wont be out until next year then I will SLI now and upgrade then if needed. Trying to figure out what's best money wise I suppose lol. I should have just bought the damn 780 lol.

commanderfluffy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Anyone know when the 800's might be releasing? I'm sure it's probably just a roomer on the date, but and idea to when it will come out would help me on budgeting for a new card then.