Sli 780ti or not?

thelolmasterlander

Commendable
Sep 26, 2017
Hello,

I'm building a new computer and I was looking around for a gpu.
So I found 2 gtx 780 ti. Should I buy them for 250€ in a sli configuration or should I just go with a gtx 1060/1050 ti? I will probably use a ryzen 5 1600.

Solution
Go with the 1060 6gb, it will give better frame rates and wont have issues like an SLI build will, especially with such outdated cards. I own a 1060 myself and personally love it for the price, 270$ for a card that can run any game at 60fps with low temps? Yes please.
SLI has alot of issues itself even with 10 series cards, such as screen tearing and alot of games not supporting SLI. All in all buying one card that is better than the 780ti's combined is all together a better choice.
If you choose SLI it will require a more powerful PSU than the 1060 will.
But all in all its up to you :]
Hope this helps
May your frames be high and your temps low

xxepiccrulerxx

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Go with the 1060 6gb, it will give better frame rates and wont have issues like an SLI build will, especially with such outdated cards. I own a 1060 myself and personally love it for the price, 270$ for a card that can run any game at 60fps with low temps? Yes please.
SLI has alot of issues itself even with 10 series cards, such as screen tearing and alot of games not supporting SLI. All in all buying one card that is better than the 780ti's combined is all together a better choice.
If you choose SLI it will require a more powerful PSU than the 1060 will.
But all in all its up to you :]
Hope this helps
May your frames be high and your temps low

Solution