Question SLI between (Gigabyte gtx 970 windforce) and (Gigabyte gtx 970 G1)

Jul 10, 2019
Hello.
This is my first time I write on this forum, so if I'm doing something wrong i ask for forgiveness.

The question is the next, I hope someone can help me.

I've got a Gigabyte gtx 970 windoforce 4gb and I want to do an SLI between my graphics card (Gigabyte gtx 970 windoforce) and one similar, the Gigabyte gtx 970 G1.
This one, the last one i want to buy (G1) have master GPU (it has a little bit of overclock).

So my question is, Is it posible to do an SLI between these grapics card, whithout having any compatibility problem?

To sli graphics cards you have to buy the exactly same model as yours. SLI is not worth it anyway it wont work in most games and you will have many problems , more heat and you will need more power. Can your psu can handle 2 970? Only a single 970 need minimum 500w psu you will need at least a good quality 750w psu unit. In conclusion, just sell the 970 you have and buy a better single card like gtx 1660ti or 2060.

To sli graphics cards you have to buy the exactly same model as yours. SLI is not worth it anyway it wont work in most games and you will have many problems , more heat and you will need more power. Can your psu can handle 2 970? Only a single 970 need minimum 500w psu you will need at least a good 750w psu unit. In conclusion, just sell the 970 you have and buy a better single card like gtx 1660ti or 2060.
Technically not true, only the GPU SKU needs to be the same, so 2x970’s but make and model don’t matter. The faster card will downclock to the speed of the slower cars.

I agree sli is a waste of money and effort. If you do still want to go ahead with sli (not what I recommend) you also need a motherboard that supports sli and a bridge.