SLI causing BF4 to be unplayable

Tiptaptip

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

Today, I installed a second GTX 780 ti sc acx making that sli with my 1st. I thought everything would be jolly but dear god its totally miles away from that. After installation, I tried playing BF4 to test it but it turns out that BF4, which was playable before installation, became glitched up. The UI was missing, the kill notices were missing (so I had no idea if I killed someone or not), and then even worse is that most of the time I couldn't even deploy. Well in a way, my soldier deployed but my screen was still stuck in the load out menu therefore making this unplayable (I was just a still dummy for free kills). I tried disabling SLI on the Nvidia Control Panel, and the same problem still persist. Anyone that's dealt with this sort of thing please advise me, this is causing alot of headache. Thanks!

My system includes:
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Gskill Ripjaw X 16gb
Crucial C300 128gb ssd
EVGA gtx 780 ti sc acx x2 (thus sli)
Silverstone st1500

Solution
BF4 had SLi and Crossfire issues, but it was patched about a month ago. First, check all the power connectors and SLI bridge are secure and that the second card is firmly in the PCIE slot. Do you have precision X? Open it and see how many cards it detects and what speed their clocked at, make sure both cards are clocked the same. Try Heaven and other games. If you still have problems, try both cards, one at a time in the first PCIE slot to make sure neither are disfunctional. then see what happens.

ProWilma

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
BF4 had SLi and Crossfire issues, but it was patched about a month ago. First, check all the power connectors and SLI bridge are secure and that the second card is firmly in the PCIE slot. Do you have precision X? Open it and see how many cards it detects and what speed their clocked at, make sure both cards are clocked the same. Try Heaven and other games. If you still have problems, try both cards, one at a time in the first PCIE slot to make sure neither are disfunctional. then see what happens.

Solution