SLI for 760 2 GB

Steel_Nugget

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
When I need to upgrade would it be better to get a newer card or a second 760? Second question would this MoBo most likely be compatible with the next gen GPUs for Nvidia 700 or 800 what ever it will be? Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970.
Thanks for your time.

Solution
The cost of a new MB just so you can add a 2nd GTX 760 seems a bit costly to me. And a new MB brings other issues as well. If you are happy with the system, I would go with a new card and sell the GTX 760 to recoup some of the cost.

If you have other reasons for changing MBs, then by all means get a MB that does X8, X8 or better SLI/CF.
2 x GTX 760s will be faster than almost any single card out there. So there is some benefit to adding a 2nd card. I guess it all boils down to your finance situation.

Steel_Nugget

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Sorry should of made it more clear. I am building a PC, so I would like to know if it would be better to get the next gen cards or a different MB to have SLI?
Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The cost of a new MB just so you can add a 2nd GTX 760 seems a bit costly to me. And a new MB brings other issues as well. If you are happy with the system, I would go with a new card and sell the GTX 760 to recoup some of the cost.

If you have other reasons for changing MBs, then by all means get a MB that does X8, X8 or better SLI/CF.
2 x GTX 760s will be faster than almost any single card out there. So there is some benefit to adding a 2nd card. I guess it all boils down to your finance situation.

Solution

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
a new card is ALWAYS better then SLI.

With that said, you really need to answer WHY do you need/want a better GPU then gtx 760? By the time a game comes along that actually needs a faster card for ultra @ 1080p, you'll have many better options than 760 sli.