SLI gtx 770's power supply help

Solution
Maybe a grain of truth, but in your case the answer is no, the unit you selected will be fine. If you were looking at tier-2/tier-3 units, you'd probably want to go for an 850w, but the XFX PRO 750 is more than enough for your build. Especially since you're not overclocking; even if you take your whole system to the limit you'll be fine.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
It will work with anything but a heavily overclocked 3930k or similar. You need a tier-1 750w PSU for that setup and the XFX unit you've selected is just that. So as long as you're not going for 5GHz with an Intel Enthusiast series CPU, you're good to go.

Tek_jack

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Thanks for the quick response, I have AMD 6300 which i have no intention of overclocking, a lot of people state i should get 850w minimum is their any truth to this?

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Maybe a grain of truth, but in your case the answer is no, the unit you selected will be fine. If you were looking at tier-2/tier-3 units, you'd probably want to go for an 850w, but the XFX PRO 750 is more than enough for your build. Especially since you're not overclocking; even if you take your whole system to the limit you'll be fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS