SLi Help Different VRam Same GPU

ThisRayfe

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
Hello everyone. I'm hoping I can get some help here. I have read just about every thread concerning SLi for different manufacturers.

Lets see some background:
1200W PSU
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC Motherboard
4790-K Intel
16gb RAM
Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-4GB OC Windforce

Now I had 2 of the Gigabyte GTX 770s. Unfortunately one of them started producing artifacting while gaming, so I could no longer use them in SLi configuration which really lowered my FPS when playing on ultra settings for games.

I was unable to get that same card again as I'm currently in the Philippines and choices for 770s are slim. But I've read the other numerous threads on these forums concerning SLI and the consensus was that as long as it's another 770 then it should work. So I purchased a Galaxy GeForce GTX 770 HOF GDDR5-2GB.

It should technically work? Right? I figured it should, unfortunately, it doesn't. I've set the bridge, everything is set up exactly the same just that new Galaxy card and my computer recognizes both cards, but when I'm in the Nvidia Control Panel there are no options for SLI.

Are these 2 cards just not going to play nice with each other?

Thank you for any help you guys can provide.

ThisRayfe

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016

I'm in the Philippines. In order to RMA it I would have to send it to someone in the States that would handle it for me. Spending money on a new card was less of a headache than explaining to friends what I needed done.

But now I'll have to try that method.

Thank you both for your answers.