Jorgey88

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Hello everyone. I've got an issue with my SLi setup, and the manufacturer seems to be giving me false, generic responses. :??:

Here are my system specs, to verify that I SHOULD be able to SLi:
Motherboard: Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/ HDMI Hybrid SLi/2-Way SLi/3-Way SLi enabled.
GPU1:Asus EN9500GT OC (600MHz/1500shader/900MHz 512MB GDDR3 SLi enabled)
GPU2:BFG 9500GT (550MHz/1400shader/667MHz 1GB DDR2 SLi enabled)

Yes, I know the cards are lightweight, though I do plan on upgrading to dual 260s ASAP. Anyway, the topic. I have physically reinstalled the actual graphic cards themselves numerous time, their drivers, the SLi bridge connecter, everything I could think of. There are no BIOS or motherboard jumper modifications for this Motherboard to enable SLi. No matter what I do, the option for SLi will NOT appear via the NVida Control Panel. 2 Same GPUs *regardless of manufacturer* SLi enabled, SLi enabled motherboard, jumper...everything should work, but it doesn't.

I sent an e-mail to Asus, regarding this issue, even explaining it is not recognizing SLi for the option to even appear via Control Panel, and this...is my response from Asus:
"Hello Sir/Madem
Thank you for your support of our products!
The problem is that you have enbaled the SLI in Windows. It is not going to work until the SLI is enabled inside of Windows. If you look on pages 6-6 to 6-8 it will tell how to enable SLI in Windows. If you do not have a manuel that you will need to download on at support.asus.com." :non:

Yes, if you're wondering too, that is copy-pasted from my email, the wonderful spelling and all.

Anyway, not accepting this as a solution, but only a minor insult to my knowledge of computers, I decided to give them a call, being Monday and they will be able to answer now. Explaining my situation, he prompted for my motherboard model, and the video card manufacturer/model numbers. Hearing that the Asus was an OC model and the BFG was not, he then tried to 'explain' to me that it may be a different GPU because it had a 50MHz increase in core clock speed....kay. Stressed on their site, is that the manufacturer of the card does not matter in the least, only that it is the same model, such as my 2 9500GTs. Further, telling me to replace the 2 cards, so in the end, 9500 is not the same as 9500, get another 9500 to match. Seems like a generic response to me. I still think my SLi bridge is to blame *has a bend in the ribbon and a black spot on the backside of the wires* but Asus will not help.

What I'm asking here is for some feedback. Am I missing something about the concept of SLi or am I right to think that Asus just doesn't want to send me another 20 cent SLi bridge. If you've experienced 2 SLi enabled cards of the same model not working in SLi, and maybe have a solution, feel free to post that as well. Thanks all. :D

That could be your problem, different amounts of RAM are OK but different speeds?

Jorgey88

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Yes I thought that would be an issue, but it isn't. SLi will scale the faster card to match the lower speed card, in amount and speed of ram, and it is supposed to follow that with the GPU as well, which is why I dislike what Asus had to say about it :(

Jorgey88

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
alright, well best I can figure is to put one in my old computer for an upgrade, sell one or keep as a spare and get the 2 260s i've been looking at. Its less than 300 bucks for the 2 of them. Thanks for the help mouse!